The "Random Bullshit" Thread

yet the culture in many companies dont let employees wear tattoes, and working as third party, frequently you find those situations of being kind of discriminate because a tattoo

yet the culture in many companies dont let employees wear tattoes

Which backwater country do you live in?

I think we've moved on, over a decade ago we used to have the show Gladiators here and a few of the contestants wore bandages to cover their tattoos. It may've been the rule of the franchise.

Today we have a show called The Biggest Loser (the obese one who loses the most weight wins), it's rating it's tits off, both male trainers appear in singlets and have tattoo sleeves.

trainersBTS-6-570x428.jpg

trainersBTS-14-570x428.jpg

trainersBTS-15-570x428.jpg

Even some of our cops have tattoos these days, it used to not be allowed.

s

yet the culture in many companies dont let employees wear tattoes, and working as third party, frequently you find those situations of being kind of discriminate because a tattoo

it always depends on where you have the tattoo. if it´s easy and always easy to cover, you can do it without problems...

Which backwater country do you live in?

I think we've moved on...

It's a lot better than it used to be (this coming from the US), but not foolproof, especially depending on where the tattoo is. My husband has a full throat tattoo, and an office job, and to be honest, that's rare. My old manager job allowed tattoos, but no piercings :err:. I think they are definitely more mainstream, but things like having a sleeve or larger piece are still not considered acceptable by a lot of white-collar/blue-collar jobs. It'd be fine for a Biggest Loser host over here to have tattoos, but not the head of IT, you know?

I plan to circumvent this by getting 3/4 sleeves- mostly covered, but still easy to cover. Or becoming a chef. Chefs have the best tattoos.

@StephenSLR haha only in the third world maybe things like this happend :rofl:

There are companies like Caterpillar they ask for a medical revision before get an interview :mad:

In the company im working right now we are more free, guys can have long hair, use band shirts, and tattoes are allowed only in areas that can be covered but if the client is against, they have to change that. Sometimes people have to burn its tattoos to get a good job, like an tatto artist says how is possible that a company prefer a good scar than a good tattoo.:err:

The financial advisor at my bank used to have tattoo sleeves that went down past his wrists. He always had shirts with long sleeves to cover most, but then he'd sit at his desk to write something and it'd be visible.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

There are companies like Caterpillar they ask for a medical revision before get an interview :mad:

Here many companies that are construction related will get you to do a medical exam and they will pay for it but only when it looks like you will have the job.

They do this to prevent compensation claims. If they have a benchmark when you started they can see how much has deteriorated since you started work.

They do hearing and vision tests, get you to blow into a tube to check your lung pressure, etc. This way someone with hearing damage from gigs/disco and smokers cough from cigarettes will get detected early and cannot blame the job.

Sometimes people have to burn tattoos to get a good job

These days many are getting tattoos removed because the fashion changed or they get sick of them, lots of women do this. The hardest tattoos to remove are sleeves, there are too many intricate shades and colours for the laser to pick up.

s

In most cases here fashion isnt the reason, and you dont use an iron to remove it haha i saw a girl who did that eww. Really tattoo laboral descrimination exist and is always a controvelsial topic on latin american comunities at least, in many interviews has been asked to me if i have tattoos on my body before.

@Stephen
let´s not pick up such topics, ok?
i fear there aren´t many funny things connected to that...

well maybe we need skip that :rofl: but just to end it is a cultural thingy :p

We dont have authority today, all our bosses are away yeeii

/Random/
Just wanna share that I get so happy when I check Turisas' facebook and there are so many happy fan photos and comments from over the pond. :D

Makes me happy to see them being appreciated so much all over the world. ^^
/Random/