The recent SPAM and off-topic chatter

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

I just wanted to tell you, in light of a lot of recent spam and threads being derailed, I'm going to start cracking down on people who don't abide by the rules Opeth.com set out for this place.

As you all know, I'm quite flexible and can tolerate a degree of off-topic chatter in some threads as long as it holds some vague relevance to the topic at hand, but I think some people have been taking advantage of that courtesy.

If I notice anybody continuously derailing threads or posting clearly irrelevant material, I'll issue them a warning. Following that, if they don't stop, their nicknames will be forwarded onto the admin and he'll decide what to do.

Just to be completely clear. Music related chat is completely acceptable on here, and of course Opeth related chat is the most welcome. I just want to thank most of you for sticking by the rules and making this a good place. The entire mod team would greatly appreciate if we didn't have to act against anybody, so I hope all off-topic chatter is restricted to other places on the net.

Warning tally:

Nitronium Blood - 1
Powers - 1
R0l0 - 1
Blimey - 1

Cheers,
Ermin.

Moonlapse said:
Just to be completely clear. Music related chat is completely acceptable on here, and of course Opeth related chat is the most welcome. I just want to thank most of you for sticking by the rules and making this a good place. The entire mod team would greatly appreciate if we didn't have to act against anybody, so I hope all off-topic chatter is restricted to other places on the net.

Cheers,
Ermin.

Phew, thanks for this Moonlapse, that IS why I am here, not just on Opeth Forum but on the Planet. :)

I live and breath for it... "Music." :hotjump:

Feel free to PM me "Anyone" who wants help/advice to improve their Vinyl Replay Systems. but, No Nonsense, Please...

TIA

:)

:erk: I never spam, or start off-topic threads, but I often derail threads unintentionally. :erk: I'll just add an on-topic section to every "derailment" post from now on. or PM if I can't think of anything.

To make this a tad easier, I'm going to keep a running tally of warnings on here. Some other forums I frequent actually have a warning system on '3 strikes and out' where the amount of warnings are shown under the nickname. Next best thing here though.

Nitronium Blood
Powers
R0l0

One warning each.

Moonlapse said:
To make this a tad easier, I'm going to keep a running tally of warnings on here. Some other forums I frequent actually have a warning system on '3 strikes and out' where the amount of warnings are shown under the nickname. Next best thing here though.
you're quite reasonable!

when i was a forum mod, it was (1 warning if you're lucky) then ban.

IMO, There's a limit on how much you can talk about opeth before stuff starts repeating itself...and with the number of people in this forum that happens very quickly so it's kinda harsh to judge people for derailing threads.spamming still sucks though-I ate quite alot of spam when I was in the Army...I think it's made out of ground cat meat or something,3 years after discharge it still makes me sick to my stomach.

and Ken 1 warning and then banning that's harsh!

Look,people... If we constantly talk about Opeth(which i guess is what the forum is for, i can respect that. But ive made friends here.) We are going to argue. Because the same constant Opinons about the band are going to be expressed. 'what song is the best ' 'what album is best' so on and so forth.....

Message recived and understood.:cool:

And by the way I'm new here, so I thought that I would read this as my verry first thread to read on the forum.:D

am I the only one that thinks this is lame? I don't see what's wrong with the idea of an off-topic forum, but is it really necessary? Why stifle the Opeth forum, there's only so long people can repeat the same old topics..