The Recommendations Thread

I recommend Bal-Sagoth to any seeking epic symphonic blackish metal. Great stuff and a great gateway band for anyone seeking to evolve into more extreme music.

OK, here's a request.

I'm looking for something different, not nessecarily even metal. I was thinking hard rock, maybe a bit experimental or even a little proggish. Something odd, timeless, a solo album maybe? It should be good though. Know any such?

These two are awsome....

TAAL - Skymind
DESERTS OF TRAUN, THE - Part III: The Lilac Moon

You should definately check out their album 'Moonbabies' and 'Live From Oz', both albums are absolutely incredible! 'Universe' is alright, but you get all the best stuff from that album on 'Live From Oz' anyway, plus the 'Atlantis Trilogy' (which has that apocalypse section). They also have a new album coming out this year called 'Quantum' which should be amazing!

Recommend me the saxophone.

This is a bit more of a challenging request.
Foreigner - Urgent.
Solefald - Sun I Call.
Dream Theater - Another Day.
Ulver - anything on Perdition City.
Dave Mathews Band - All Along The Watchtower (live).
The Future Sound Of London - Dead Cities, Cascade.

If you know these songs, I want stuff like this. Rock/Metal/Electronic with kickass Saxophone.

I've heard progressive metal with jazz influences, so what about progressive jazz with metal influences?? :lol:. I'm actually serious here.

I've already mentioned Planet X, also, you should check out 'Collins/Wardingham Project' which is Grant Collins on drums and Paul Wardingham on guitars, both who are from up your way, in Queensland... Another would be 'Vital Information' with Steve Smith and Frank Gambale...

^ :lol: My cousin typed that when I was with a customer, cos I'm at work, haha... :lol: You know it wasn't me, cos I'd never say that about Tony, and I would've at least spelt his name right... :D (Tony MAcAlpine...)

I do actually have the self-titled one, I got it because it had Ron Jarzombek on it...