The Recording of "Woods 3"...

David Gold said:
Recording Update - September 1st 2006

I'm also really looking forward to tracking vocals this fall as it stats to get cooler (For those who didn't know, I dislike the heat. :loco: :puke: ). I remember when Dan Hulse and I began recording guitars early in the spring when it was still cold enough outside for us to want to make a fire in the fireplace at the studio (in the evening when tracking was done for the day and we'd be getting tankned). I think the atmosphere of the new cool weather, the fall and having fires in the fireplace will create a fitting environment for laying down the vocals to complete the tracking of this long process - and finally put this album to rest. Wish us luck! It's all green tea for me from here on in! :heh:

Winter is coming...:)

haha, i'm just as excited as you are. :)
and for the new record, of course! :D

i actually have some WoY memories from last year.. walking through the cold to the bus stop up near the scarborough bluffs after school (i am in highschool) with against the seasons playing..! i can't wait! :)

I hate the damn heat too. At least in the winter you can warm up if you get too cold. In the summer, all I can do is sit around uncomfortably until the night when it's cooler.

It's great to hear that the CD is starting to wrap up. I am too damn anxious for its release!

I've got a question... Will there be any pre-orders or special editions of the CD?

David Gold said:
The experts recommend "not eating spicy food or drinking excessive amounts of beer in times of extended vocal use".

This sucks!

Vocal recording for "Woods III" begins this weekend. :heh:
Why, do you like spicy food? :p

David Gold said:
Oh man, I love it! I also love "drinking excessive amounts of beer". :kickass:

:)
Haha, I was deliberately steering away from that. Good thing it wasn't quite so obvious. ;)

I quite like spicy food myself, I might add. To the point that other people sometimes wonder if I'm a masochist when it comes to my taste buds. At one time I was in a Thai restaurant though and they offered a choice between soft, medium and hot. I went for medium just to be on the safe side and this was the only time food actually brought tears to my eyes - and not because I was being emotional about it. I could hardly finish my soup and for the rest of the meal tasted little else than "hot, hot, HOT!"
I assume doing vocals afterwards would have sucked even more than usual.

<end nonsense>

David Gold said:
Oh man, I love it! I also love "drinking excessive amounts of beer". :kickass:

:)

I hear that David! I'm a hot chicken wing fanatic, the hotter the better...:heh: Spicy asian food is great, always shaking green Tobasco(not terribly hot, but tastes so good!) on my pizza and pasta.

Used to love lots of beer, loved it a bit too much I'm afraid...:lol: Only allow myself to indulge in a couple bottles a few select times a year now. It does make it more special though...:kickass:

Seth

i love spicy food...thai, indian, japanese (wasabi!).. lol

i dont eat meat (pork, beef, chicken ect. as of dec.17 last year) but i do eat fish...i love my fish with hot mayonaise (mayo mixed with tobasco or some other hot sauce!) :D

Continuing this thread along the line of fine culinary exchange of ideas.

Seth'Peth said:
always shaking green Tobasco(not terribly hot, but tastes so good!) on my pizza and pasta.
The red, classic Tobasco is definitely my fave. I've had a bottle of green Tobasco for a while but I think that one bottle will outlive me.
I've grown to adore the African "piment" which is basically nothing but red chili mashed with olive oil (and sometimes a pinch of salt). You can shoot fire out your ass if you eat too much of it but damn it's good! The closest alternative I've found in local stores is harissa. I use that as sandwich spread. :heh:

Seth'Peth said:
Used to love lots of beer, loved it a bit too much I'm afraid...:lol: Only allow myself to indulge in a couple bottles a few select times a year now. It does make it more special though...
I hear you, man. I only buy a crate of pilsner every now and then anymore. I do stock my fridge with all kinds of special beers though. The kind you savour rather than rinse your gullet with.

Pale-Folklore said:
i dont eat meat (pork, beef, chicken ect. as of dec.17 last year)
That's not very grim of you, now is it? :p
Seriously though, I've been veggie for five years in a former life but refer to myself as a strongly converted vegetarian now. Although I'm cutting back on the sheer amount of meat I consume. Less is more. ;)

Lionfrost said:
That's not very grim of you, now is it? :p
Seriously though, I've been veggie for five years in a former life but refer to myself as a strongly converted vegetarian now. Although I'm cutting back on the sheer amount of meat I consume. Less is more. ;)

:p what made you start eating meat again?

i dunno, i guess the PETA videos just opened my eyes (no one start with me about PETA, i dont care if they're hypocrites, i'm talking about the VIDEOS) .. since then i just don't find it appetizing. i'm still fine with fish though (for some reason), i love it! :heh: i only really miss a few meat dishes (oxtail and wontons to name a couple).

i am grim though, i drink my coffee black.

Lionfrost said:
Continuing this thread along the line of fine culinary exchange of ideas.

The red, classic Tobasco is definitely my fave. I've had a bottle of green Tobasco for a while but I think that one bottle will outlive me.
I've grown to adore the African "piment" which is basically nothing but red chili mashed with olive oil (and sometimes a pinch of salt). You can shoot fire out your ass if you eat too much of it but damn it's good! The closest alternative I've found in local stores is harissa. I use that as sandwich spread. :heh:

I hear you, man. I only buy a crate of pilsner every now and then anymore. I do stock my fridge with all kinds of special beers though. The kind you savour rather than rinse your gullet with.

I always loved the red stuff, but I also used to gobble up these little pepperchinis...yellow pepper rings packed in juice. Nice and spicey and also had this amazing flavor, well the first time I tried the green tobasco...that was the flavor! One of those memory things, my dad and I when working together always put those on our sandwiches we made for lunch...takes me back to a cool time.

As far as the beer, I've also found when I do have a few that I prefer the more flavorful ones...go for the Guiness, Sam Adams, etc... Used to just get Bud and get hammered...:lol: Long as I don't get into the whiskey too much, I'm good to go...Southern Comfort just about killed me...:loco:

Looks like you/we turned your new album thread into a food and beverage discussion David! Sorry...:erk:

:kickass:

Green Tobasco is so fucking good. I dislike regular Tobasco and spicy foods, but put Green Tobasco on everything.

Also, I've seen the videos for PETA too. Sure it's gross, but I still love me some meat. My primary diet consists of mainly meat. If I have a meal with no meat, I feel unsated... maybe that's just because I'm a fatass :p

Pale-Folklore said:
My doctor, who in turn was triggered by the dramatically low level of iron in my blood. I had a choice between a series of iron injections every six months or eat meat again. Even though "iron injections" sounds pretty metal, I opted for the second scenario. Perhaps also because those injections go in a place you usually sit on and I didn't like the idea of a guy staring at my ass every six months. I don't go that way. ;)

Pale-Folklore said:
i dunno, i guess the PETA videos just opened my eyes (...).. since then i just don't find it appetizing.
Fair enough, man. When I was in high school (it was during the last century, folks) we did an excursion to the slaughterhouse. It was pretty brutal to see those cows go down but still it took me another good bunch of years to go veggie, which I did for no particular reason. Therefor I was never an active promotor of vegetarianism, either. I basically don't care what people do or don't eat.
That being said, I didn't even eat cookies with animal fat. So fish, muscles,... none of that, five years straight.

Again, I'm seriously converted.

Pale-Folklore said:
That being said, everything is okay! ;) It's not like anything was not okay before, anyway. It's all good.

Seth'Peth said:
Looks like you/we turned your new album thread into a food and beverage discussion David! Sorry...:erk:
Album? What album? Oh yeah, we're in a band's forum! Thanks for reminding me, Seth'Peth. ;)

I just received a nice batch of Blair's Death Sauce yesterday. I think at least AshDLS will know what that means. Hot stuff! One of them is called "After Death" and every bottle comes with a cool keychain with a skull marked "Blair's" across the forehead. I use one of those for the keys to our home. Hot stuff! :headbang:

Pale-Folklore said:

i dunno, i guess the PETA videos just opened my eyes (no one start with me about PETA, i dont care if they're hypocrites, i'm talking about the VIDEOS) .. since then i just don't find it appetizing. i'm still fine with fish though (for some reason), i love it! :heh: i only really miss a few meat dishes (oxtail and wontons to name a couple).

I am a goddmaned meat machine! I eat meat with every meal, i actually work in a meat department of a store.

We slaughter hogs every year at my house, i don't see what is so upsetting about it.