The reunion thread

tomass74

Apr 4, 2005
I have seen alot of people bitching about the re-union. Well, I used to be a pretty big Anthrax fan and really have lost interest over the years with all the line-up and music changes. I could see what they were trying to do with Bush but it just didn't work for me. I just wanted to say that the re-union (even if it is short) has sparked my interest in Anthrax again and I WILL be catching them on tour.....

That's cool dude. I like the Joey era better as well. Can't wait to see this reunion!! :D :kickass:

BTW Welcome to the board! :kickass:

yeah im pretty stoked myself, im just wondering how his voice will hold up after all this time. any idea what hes been upto before this all came about?

this is a hard one to decide....

I first heard the band when sound of white noise came out. so i was introduced to the bush era. I loved it and still do. started listenin to the old stuff.. love it... i loved it both. and still do. there was a place for joey and there was a place for bush...

but in my mind i always believed joey was gone for good and bush would be the future.. now i'm not so sure. My 'Thrax favourites were devided between the two era's, and I was fortunate enough to see them live with bush and know bush can handle the Joey era songs well enough... my hope is joey can handle the Bush era songs too because there are afew songs in that era which stand really high in the metal world. Songs like Inside out, Only, WCFYA, Nobody knows anything, King size, nothing... how would joey handle these......

time will tell my friends

I'm stoked to see the original line up. John was good, Joey was better. And I allways thought DAN was better than the guys they've had to fill in over the years. I'll just be interested to see if he can pull the licks off after all these years. I also hope he whips out the V's,

Inside Out said:
yeah im pretty stoked myself, im just wondering how his voice will hold up after all this time. any idea what hes been upto before this all came about?

Joey's been working on his solo projects and touring. Personally I think Joey's voice will hold up well. I saw him in concert last fall and he kicked ass! :headbang:

Joey SUCKS!!!!!!I have been with Anthrax from the start and I'll tell you Bush blows Joey out of the water.I truley believe there will be very little support the change and that will reflect with low tickets sales.

misfit33 said:
I truley believe there will be very little support the change and that will reflect with low tickets sales.

I disagree. I think they'll sell more tickets with the ATL lineup than they did with John Bush. I guess will just have to wait and see.

Im with the other Guy......I think it will be a poor turn out in Europe for definate. I Saw them at there Peek with Joey...And he was good..No doubt about it...But with Bush it was sheer Power and energy!!!

And personally...The new songs are stronger...Apart from a Handfull of the old stuff.

I think if you listen back you will find alot of the Old Stuff...Is not as strong as you remember.....Especially "State of Euphoria".

If you Listen to Tracks like Only,Safe Home,Fueled,Potters Field,Hy Pro Glo,What Doesnt Die,Anyplace but here,etc They are going to hold up for a long time when you go back and put them cds on.

And before you Mention Metal Thrashing mad , Panic and deathrider which I love....They had nowt to do with Joey.

I just think if you put Your Fave 10 Joey Songs and Line them up to your Fave 10 Bush songs the Bush stuffs going to win every time.

I still love Among the living,Caught in a mosh,A.I.R, Gung Ho etc But a lot of its helped by the fond memories of the eighties!!!! God Im getting Old...I will still be there but I think if they do the Bush stuff with Joey...Its going to be POOR!!!!!

PJ

strik9 said:
I disagree. I think they'll sell more tickets with the ATL lineup than they did with John Bush. I guess will just have to wait and see.

This is extremely lame. Shame on Scott and Charlie. Just ditch John. Forget about all that he has put into the band. I know that you offered him to be on the reunion, but that would just be shamefull to share the stage with Joey.

That dude (Joey) is very gay. Welcome to the "washout club" fellas.

Don't forget to take advantage of you AARP benefits.

Bitches.

What's next???? Public Enemy again???? :yuk:

PJ175 said:
Im with the other Guy......I think it will be a poor turn out in Europe for definate. I Saw them at there Peek with Joey...And he was good..No doubt about it...But with Bush it was sheer Power and energy!!!

And personally...The new songs are stronger...Apart from a Handfull of the old stuff.

I think if you listen back you will find alot of the Old Stuff...Is not as strong as you remember.....Especially "State of Euphoria".

If you Listen to Tracks like Only,Safe Home,Fueled,Potters Field,Hy Pro Glo,What Doesnt Die,Anyplace but here,etc They are going to hold up for a long time when you go back and put them cds on.

And before you Mention Metal Thrashing mad , Panic and deathrider which I love....They had nowt to do with Joey.

I just think if you put Your Fave 10 Joey Songs and Line them up to your Fave 10 Bush songs the Bush stuffs going to win every time.

I still love Among the living,Caught in a mosh,A.I.R, Gung Ho etc But a lot of its helped by the fond memories of the eighties!!!! God Im getting Old...I will still be there but I think if they do the Bush stuff with Joey...Its going to be POOR!!!!!

PJ

That's cool. I like alot of songs on SOWN and WCFYA, and some of the songs on Stomp and Vol .8, but I love EVERYTHING from the Belladonna years. I listen to P.O.T. or ATL for example, WAY more then any Bush era album. If I lined up my top 10 songs by each singer, Joey would win 10-0. We'll just have to agree to disagree. As for how many people turn out etc. We'll just have to wait and see.

Fair Enough!!! Its all about opinions!!!.... And I respet Yours....

But after reading as much of this forum as I can. I feel.....That a lot of People are really pissed about this and they will show this by stopping at home.

Joeys not the singer he was.........And if you did see him you will also know he wasnt the best live around his last 2 tours.

Plus he looks like someones Grandmother!!! At the Minute!!

Pj

strik9 said:
That's cool. I like alot of songs on SOWN and WCFYA, and some of the songs on Stomp and Vol .8, but I love EVERYTHING from the Belladonna years. I listen to P.O.T. or ATL for example, WAY more then any Bush era album. If I lined up my top 10 songs by each singer, Joey would win 10-0. We'll just have to agree to disagree. As for how many people turn out etc. We'll just have to wait and see.

I heard that John just wanted to take some time off to be with his wife and new baby. If they "Kicked him out" just because of that, then Scott is a bigger asshole than I thought. Let's not forget all the shit he was talking about Joey and Dan.

Personally, I am just happy that Frank is back! As far as singers, I MUCH prefer John. I will see them if they ever make it to New Orleans.

I love Anthrax, they are my favorite band, but I'm not very happy about this at all. I was never a fan of Joey, nor will I ever be. John is amazing and I am quite upset that they are doing this. I just hope it isn't permanent... what about Rob??

What I'd like to know is why are all of these newcomers merely registering just to bitch like the rest and rehash everything else that has already been complained about. Go the fuck away.

Im glad Joey is Back! all you hater's on joey are full of it! If you want to hear real singing listen to the belladonna era anthrax! Bush can't even hit the notes joey can hit and he can't sing the early anthrax . Bush is good , but come on...he just screams and butcher's the old catalog! this is the best thing anthrax has done!!!!

BelladonnaFan said:
Im glad Joey is Back! all you hater's on joey are full of it! If you want to hear real singing listen to the belladonna era anthrax! Bush can't even hit the notes joey can hit and he can't sing the early anthrax . Bush is good , but come on...he just screams and butcher's the old catalog! this is the best thing anthrax has done!!!!

Did you buy go2e or momd? Seen them live with Bush?