The "Satanism" Thread

LadyValerie said:
Satanists (LaVeyan at least) don't worship an actual devil and they don't believe in anything supernatural. To them the Devil is just represented by temptation, pleasure, Man's carnal desires, etc. I have the Satanic Bible, I started reading it but I stopped, I should finish it. I also have the Satanic Rituals, which I need to read as well.

As a philosophy I think it's interesting, but for me, I can't call it a religion.
could you please tell me where to buy the philosophical/satanic books you own???

www.newfalcon.com

Best occult publisher in existence.I would personally recommend the following titles:

LORDS OF THE LEFT HAND PATH.

REBELS AND DEVILS:The psychology of liberation.

THE PSYCHOPATH'S BIBLE.

LIBER NOX AND KETH.

While not specifically satanic,ALL of the Chaos theory magic books by them are good resources too.

Here are some more good titles you can look for on Amazon:

Tantrism:It's practices and principals (Hope you find one for six bux in a used bookstore like I did;It's out of print and sells for about $100 now!)

UNCLE SETNACKT'S GUIDE TO THE LEFT HAND PATH.

THE SEVEN FACES OF DARKNESS.

LUCIFERIAN WITCHCRAFT.

And all of Lavey's books can be purchased off of Amazon for under ten dollars each.It is propably better to get Blanche Barton's book THE CHURCH OF SATAN as well.

Good luck!

ACIDBATHER said:
www.newfalcon.com

Best occult publisher in existence.I would personally recommend the following titles:

LORDS OF THE LEFT HAND PATH.

REBELS AND DEVILS:The psychology of liberation.

THE PSYCHOPATH'S BIBLE.

LIBER NOX AND KETH.

While not specifically satanic,ALL of the Chaos theory magic books by them are good resources too.

Here are some more good titles you can look for on Amazon:

Tantrism:It's practices and principals (Hope you find one for six bux in a used bookstore like I did;It's out of print and sells for about $100 now!)

UNCLE SETNACKT'S GUIDE TO THE LEFT HAND PATH.

THE SEVEN FACES OF DARKNESS.

LUCIFERIAN WITCHCRAFT.

And all of Lavey's books can be purchased off of Amazon for under ten dollars each.It is propably better to get Blanche Barton's book THE CHURCH OF SATAN as well.

Good luck!
thanx:D

Glad to help.:)

Also, if you can afford to get any of Austin Osman Spare's books, they will give you a good working knowledge of where magic is heading these days (Not to assume that you don't already know).

Not to pry, but do you have any special conditions on how you order books in prison? I know I have to go through a certain amount of bullshit when I want to send my nephew birthday presents, and he's in a minimum yard.

ACIDBATHER said:
Not to pry, but do you have any special conditions on how you order books in prison? I know I have to go through a certain amount of bullshit when I want to send my nephew birthday presents, and he's in a minimum yard.
please read/respond to each individual sentence
the answer to your question is yes there are special conditions which are different from state to state
texas prison prolly wouldn't let me have any of the books we've been talking about
i'm not in prison anymore i'm in an apt in ghetto-ville
texas prison doesn't let the prisoners have access to internet
why do so many people think i'm in prison???
are you one of the people that knew me before i got locked up???

I am far more interested by religious Satanists who engage in magickal rites with the aid of medieval grimoires than Laveyan Satanism, which is a capitalist organization that is little more than Nietzsche for teenyboppers. In my experience, a lot of religious Satanists advocate something almost like libertine Gnosticism.

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
why do so many people think i'm in prison???
are you one of the people that knew me before i got locked up???

No, I am not. I haven't been to Texass in over a decade ( Though I must say that Dallas was a blast!)
Your profile info beneath your username has a cell number and a booking number and all of that shit as an address,so what other conclusion should a person relatively new to this sight come to?In either case, I hope you enjoy the books I recomended.

Demiurge, check out a sight called satanic reds(Whose URl I can't remember)you may find it an interesting departure from the Rand/Neitzche
thread that runs through alot of modern Satanism.

Norsemaiden said:
A lot more people are going to ask you why you were in prison if you don't change that information!:tickled:
i've never had any one think it was a prison cell number except in this forum because the people on the other boards understood that it was a cell phone # and were actually calling me up untill the number got cut off and i didn't realize that for some people putting the word "phone" would be neccassary when saying "cell #" because texas prisoners dont have access to internet and i didn't realize that the prisoners in other states had access to the internet :loco: (btw my new cell phone number is 469/569/7171 if any body wants to call me)

I didn't read all the posts so sorry if I repeat here:

It seems to me that using "Satan" in any form to define your religion or beliefs is quite odd. There is only one historically accepted account of this so called "satan" and it's in the Christian Bible. It paints a nasty picture and is pretty clear that associating with him is eternal damnation.
I'm not pitching Christianity here - just pointing out where "satan" was originated. So it seems absurd to base a faith around something which has only been described in such a manner.

BuckySkeet said:
I didn't read all the posts so sorry if I repeat here:

It seems to me that using "Satan" in any form to define your religion or beliefs is quite odd. There is only one historically accepted account of this so called "satan" and it's in the Christian Bible. It paints a nasty picture and is pretty clear that associating with him is eternal damnation.
I'm not pitching Christianity here - just pointing out where "satan" was originated. So it seems absurd to base a faith around something which has only been described in such a manner.
the word "satan" is from a dead language it litaraly means "adversary" or "opponent" as in "the angelic who opposes God" or "God's opponent" before he became God's opponent he was called Lucifer which means "person (or angel) who glows brighter than the others" or "the brightest glowing person out of a group" in the original text of Revalations the word "Lucifer" is actually used to describe Jesus in most translations this instance of the word "lucifer" is translated as "the bright morning star"

:) I'm glad some one mentioned that LRD, i knew about it...but couldnt be arsed learning up on it again to make a cohesive post. :p

Im no expert in Satanism, but a kid at my school claims to be a Pagan/Satanist

I talked to a Pagan girl and she said you couldn't do that and then I got into a debate with him over it.
He says he is Pagan because he believes in the earth magics but Satanist because he worships Satan. I asked him who created the earth magics and he said God. I then told him that he couldn't do that because he was following both God and Satan.
any insight would be gratefull, and I'm open to any ideas.

I don't believe it is possible, but if someone can set me straight, then I have no problem and will not imaturally start a flame war.