THE SHRED THREAD

I really miss Gustafson, I still love Overkill they way they have been since his departure but they aren't the same. When I listen to the old stuff (some of it I've never heard) I forget how horrorish they sounded. I miss that quality. They were very dark in sound.
:):D

Reactions: Neptune
I hear ya man,that early sound with Gustafson was second to none.It had (for lack of a better term)that Draculish tone to it.So while Gustafson will always be the era best remembered for me, I really liked what followed with Cannevino and Gant!

Yeah, two of my favourites too.

As for Gustafson - he is one of those metal great players whose talents surprisingly weren't utilized after their departures from first (main) bands.

Speaking of some shred, as you guys obviously love the speed, anyone picking up the new Megadeth? I've heard three songs so far and they actually sound nice. Blows Super Collider away so far.

I pre ordered it from Pledge. at $ 50 bucks I think it's the most expensive cd I've ever bought. When I pledged they had a track listing of like 14-15 songs and then then much later cut it down to what it is now. Seems kind of like a bait and switch! but it is autographed lol

Hmm I've never heard of this guy.
So your brother came all the way to Ct for guitar lessons? I have a friend who took lessons from Frank Arresti? Is that how you spell it? That's how I know about the tunings.

Wow,that's cool that your friend took lessons from him.Does Fank Aresti still live in the Hartford area?

Did you hear about that reunion with the original lineup of Fates Warning to play this April.Featuring them playing material from the first three albums?Only supposed to play in Europe,But damn I wish they would do a warm up show @the Webster Theater!

Reactions: redfly