The SINGLE best Opeth solo?

Both solos in funeral portrait are my favorite opeth solos. I'm not sure who does what ones.

I was thinking about solos just the other day. I'm planning to make an MP3 CD full of nothing but my favorite parts of songs - solos, outtros, etc. (all bands, not just Opeth)

In all honesty, Opeth is the one band I've never really listened to in regards to picking out solos. There is something about their music that makes me listen as a complete package. There are so many parts of Opeth's music that gives me chills - the bridge before the Deliverance outtro, the Ghost of Perdition bridge at around 5:30 (I think), etc. I don't hear solos in Opeth's music. It's as if they purposefully never wanted to actually accentuate a solo like so many other bands do. My favorite guitar solos by Grip Inc, Enslaved and others seem to be set-up. The "solos" in Opeth's music flow and never seem set-up to me, therefore, I never really hear them as solos.

Does my babbling make any sense?

Sexy_Grandpa said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned The Funeral Portrait. Damn that song has some amazing solo-work.

Hell yeah, I love the outro solo.

But that can't be my choice.... Hmmm, how 'bout the soloing in TNASW. Good stuff.

Dante's Inferno said:
A Fair Judgement, the last two (I kinda see them as one because they're right after each other).
same, i like the two tied in, but mikes (the 1st part) would have to be my favorite Opeth solo of all time.

i can't believe more ppl dont think the same

FRUGiHOYi said:
A Fair Judgement, when Mike solos, then Peter. I just see it as one solo.
yeah, but its damn obvious when it switches from mike to peter. the styles are completely different. mike tends to be more "bluesy" while peter more of a typical soloist.