The song fuckin rules !!!!!!!

warsofwinter

In memory of Chuck
May 2, 2001
Corner Brook Canada
www.warsofwinter.cjb.net
I had My Arms Your Hearse for a while now , and i've been listening to Demon of the Fall for a long time but it seems so much better now , the part where it goes , Run away , run away . has to be the best part of any opeth song(which would meen the best part of any song by any band) . I used to listen to this song around the time when my Grandfather died so everytime i hear it , it brings back memorys , makes it feel like he's still around for a bit . anyway

I'm gonna go listen to DotF
Later
Glen O'Keefe
Wars of Winter

I know exactly what you mean! I think that part of the song is awesome! I don't know...it's just the way he sings it...there's like a desperate, hopeless, sorrow to it. It's just so great how the song is basically brutal with very deep distorted vocals up 'til about 3:55 into it when it goes to a bit of a segue then the guitars just kick in for the "run away..." part at about 4:27. Then the line "just one second and I was left with nothing...". AAAAAHHHH! I know exactly what you mean! I love that song...and when it gets to that part I just...can't even put it into words! Such an awesome song. :loco:

Yes that bit it awesome :) I also love the bit in April Ethereal when he sings
`I will endure
Hide away
I will outrun the scythe
Glaring with failure.'

I think those are the words anyway :D

SKåL!
I agree with Kem! The part from April Ethereal in which he sings clean is monumental!
Apart from the brutality that this song contains this melodic part is totally different to the rest but it fits completely in! A wonderfull part indeed, even though I can only repeat it agin: Credence in my word!

Originally posted by HoserHellspawn
No, that's just what I exclaim phonetically.
I'd be interested to know what in means in Russian, though...

"Da" is "yes" in Russian and "njet" is "no".

I have no idea what the cyrillic spelling is like, though. It's a complex language. :eek:

Originally posted by Kem
Yes that bit it awesome :) I also love the bit in April Ethereal when he sings
`I will endure
Hide away
I will outrun the scythe
Glaring with failure.'

I'm totally with you there! That part was what got me into Opeth in the first place. It's still my favourite part of any Opeth song.

bump.

there you have it. in response to the definitive opeth song, its DoTF according to these wise ancients.

liquiDeath said:
Everytime I listen to Opeth each song just seems to get better, and with every listen you find somthing new, thats what I love about them, you can never get board of their songs.:D
Very true. DotF is a great song.

Oh and I just turned 14 yesterday :headbang: