The Sports Thread

giant_erk.gif

Honestly, I think the Patriots are the best team in the NFL. The Colts have the best group of players. The Patriots have the ability to take down injured players and have somebody adequately fill their shoes. That has long been their key to success. I don't think Indianapolis really has that luxury. But as long as their players are healthy, I think that they are better than the Patriots.

It seems the Patriots have better defense than the Colts (I'm not one of those stats expert guys so forgive me if I'm wrong). But the Colts have a better offense, and Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady. The Patriots are the second best team in the NFL; they are DEFINITELY better than the Cowboys, who are the third best team in the NFL.

Also can't count out the Packers...I don't know how they're doing it, but they are. If the Steelers didn't get upset by the Cardinals last week, I would put them up there as well, especially after today, playing with several key players out, but last week proved that they have chinks in the armor. They they do (easily) have one of the best defenses and rushing attacks in the league and a very intelligent quarterback. I honestly expected the Steelers to do very poorly this year, but they've had the singular division lead since week 2.

Honestly, I think the Patriots are the best team in the NFL. The Colts have the best group of players. The Patriots have the ability to take down injured players and have somebody adequately fill their shoes. That has long been their key to success. I don't think Indianapolis really has that luxury. But as long as their players are healthy, I think that they are better than the Patriots.

You obviously didn't watch the Colts game today. Besides, what's the difference between a "team" and a "group of players?"

edit: Just for my amusement, these Colts starters didn't play:
Marvin Harrison
Freddy Keiaho
Joseph Addai
Bob Sanders
Ben Utecht
and our punt/kick off returner TJ Rushing

Even with these guys out, we destroyed a GOOD team today. Not some 2-3 or 1-4 team like the Patriots have been playing.

The Pack is almost certainly back this year. 17-7. It would have been 31-7 is Jones hadn't fumbled twice.