The Sports Thread

I'm not depressed or anything, guys.

I'm just going through my monthly cry time:lol:

now carry on with your sports talk, and I'll say Go Flyers :)

Find me the gigantic roll eyes smiley that's puking a bunch of small roll eyes smilies.

KTHX

This?
BermudaBowned.gif

Could someone explain how the Indians are changing the way the organization is run for me?

Well, I haven't really paid much attention to the Indians before, so any philosophy change in the organization would go unnnoticed by me, but they do seem to develop almost all of their own talent. Maybe that's it.

I've never liked Arizona, so I hope the Cubs win.

On the topic of dedicated fans though, the Giants always seemingly fill up the park, but that was probably because of Barry... we'll see next year though. But the Giants, while in San Francisco, have never won a series either. Hopefully they'll have a good shot next season.

And sorry about your dad, I lost my mom to cancer a few years ago.

1) I hate Arizona.

2)The Giants will not be anywhere near the playoffs unless they get a bullpen and at least one big power threat.

I generally do not talk about my personal life on this (or any) forum. And I'm not surprised, or even super upset, that the Cubs lost. But the totally unwarranted hate for the Cubs I encounter here and other places just baffles me to no end. I don't like that people enjoy our pain so much.

No, it's not "just a game".

waaah grow some balls, they don't win because they aren't good. It's not like they set the world on fire this season.

Go Illini! They beat #5 ranked Wisconsin today :danceboy:
and the Blues beat the Kings 5-3

That game was awesome! And Mizzou beat the shit out of the Nebraska too.

I'm about to be on my way to the game. Regardless of the outcome, I would regret not going. If they win, I will regret not being there for the victory. If they lose, I will regret not being there for what will almost certainly be the final game in the career of Roger Clemens. People are going to be talking about Roger Clemens for decades, and if the Yankees lose today, at least I got the see the end of an great career. And this may very well be the last playoff game ever played at Yankee Stadium. I hope it isn't but I can't miss it if it is.

Win or lose, this has been a great, great season that had everything I love about being a baseball fan and a Yankee fan. Winning would be good, though. I'd prefer that.

Go Yankees!

080306nyyankeeslogo2022ds9.jpg