The Sports Thread

Heard some talk today about the Pats/Dallas matchup. Colin Cowherd doing a T.O. vs Randy Moss comparison. Moss was the obvious winner to him, and I can see why. Moss always had bad coaches and QBs, and still put up better numbers that T.O. who always had good coaches and QBs. I really think NE will run away with this game. I don't think Dallas is even close to the same level. But within any specific matchup there are factors and dynamics that are unique, so you never know. But I think if there was a way to distill each teams talent and compare them, then NE would be clearly superior to Dallas.

Heard some talk today about the Pats/Dallas matchup. Colin Cowherd doing a T.O. vs Randy Moss comparison. Moss was the obvious winner to him, and I can see why. Moss always had bad coaches and QBs, and still put up better numbers that T.O. who always had good coaches and QBs. I really think NE will run away with this game. I don't think Dallas is even close to the same level. But within any specific matchup there are factors and dynamics that are unique, so you never know. But I think if there was a way to distill each teams talent and compare them, then NE would be clearly superior to Dallas.

youre saying that the 49ers had a good QB when TO was on the team? o_O
~gR~

That's what Cowheard was saying. He cited two QBs as the worst TO had played for, and I think they were Bledsoe not at the peak of his career and Jeff Garcia (or something like that), who he said was still good. And it's not just that, but it's that compared to Moss, who has had mediocre QBs the whole time.

What? Almost losing to an abysmally bad team using their second string QB?

trent edwards in the 2 games hes played has done better than losman.

and no, i mean Almost losing to an abysmally bad team using their second string QB, and fighting thier way back to win, against unbelievably bad odds.

achrisk said:
Deep down I am an AFC dude, and although I dislike the Patriots, I think they will win without too much trouble. AFC RULES! no ? ab00t that.

they havent even played anyone with a winning record yet. and i was watching the 24-17 score against the browns in the 4th on sunday hoping they would pull of an unbelievable upset.

honestly, after monday night, how can anyone pick the cowboys to lose a game?

I tend to think the contrary. Dallas played an absolutely HORRID game on MNF. The only reason why they won was because of poor coaching on Buffalo's part, late in the 4th quarter. I'd be VERY surprised if Dallas beat NE this weekend. The Pats are equally sick on both sides of the ball and VERY well coached. I cannot wait for the NE/Indy game, as well as the Pitt game as well. It should be interesting.

On another, equally exciting note, the Sox are keeping me excited as well. I think they will beat the Indians, especially if they face Borowski. That guy likes to blow saves. The Rockies tend to scare me though.

Also, even though Im not a basketball fan anymore due to the increasing "street mentality" of most of the players nowadays, the Celtics have acquired a great team. We'll see if they gel well.

It's a pretty exciting time to be a New England sports fan.

Oh, and The Revolution are kicking (no pun intended) ass too. But that's soccer. :lol: No offense to you soccer fans. :)