The Sports Thread

Dallas won't go undefeated. They will probably lose this week, and I think Washington will probably beat them once. Even if they somehow win their first 12 or so games, they'll lock up the top seed and rest guys for the final few weeks. Teams that do this usually lose a game or two at the end. They're not so deep that they'll win a game where the starters play one quarter. Last year, Chicago and Indy both lost meaningless late season games this way.

Oddly enough, it might take 15 wins to lock up the top seed in the AFC, so both the Colts and Pats will probably not have games where they rest people, unless one team or the other has three losses by then (not likely).

Mathiäs;6597877 said:
Sure. That's why it's 4-1 Rocks. As a Giants fan, you should hate the D'Backs and root for the Rocks here.

Two questions here, just out of curiosity: How did you come to be a Giants fan, and what should a Giants fan have against the D-Backs?

Two questions here, just out of curiosity: How did you come to be a Giants fan, and what should a Giants fan have against the D-Backs?

I became a fan because my dad (who is also a fan) got me into baseball at age 6ish, and I have liked them ever since. We always go to the games when they come to town (I live near St. Louis). Colorado has never come close to winning anything yet, so and the DBacks always seem to beat the Giants, so that's why I say that.

Edit: 5-1 nigs

Just pretend they are the Klingons. Yeah, they used to be bad guys, but now they got wrinkly foreheads and are cool. Except replace wrinkly forehead with outrageous goatee

That jew probably has star of david shuriken hidden inside that goatee.

I guess I'm rooting for Arizona because I like Eric Byrnes and I think the Rockies uniforms look really cheap. Their caps, especially, look like they came free in a McDonalds Happy Meal.

Then in the ALCS, I'm rooting for the Yank- OH WAIT. I mean I'm rooting for the Indians. The main reason for this should be fairly obvious. The secondary reason is because the All-Star Game is in the Stadium next year, and I would have loved to see Joe Torre manage the AL team, but Misters Wang and Jeter had other plans, and I couldn't stomach seeing Terry Francona in the hometown dugout there, but Eric Wedge would be ok.

I don't really think that is the best word to use. Inception usually refers to a birth or a creation, rather than a joining which is implied in the start of a career.

He helped my fantasy team take home the silver this year :kickass:

I don't really think that is the best word to use. Inception usually refers to a birth or a creation, rather than a joining which is implied in the start of a career.

He helped my fantasy team take home the silver this year :kickass:

Dictionary.com said:
in·cep·tion
–noun
1. beginning; start; commencement.

Yay.

Regadless, in regards to baseball, people will hear "inception" and think "the introduction of a team to the league". When he "first got called up" would be a more acceptable way of referring to the start of a players career. I'm just sayin'.