The Sports Thread

You can't judge a keeper on his ability to save penalties.

If you did that Reina would be first choice for Spain. You gotta judge keepers on their all round game, consistency, shot-stopping, aerial ability etc. Hence why Buffon has been top of the trade for so long, and why Cech is considered one of the best, if not the best, in the world at the moment.

actually, i think penalties are a perfect barometer for a keeper. a one on one shot is almost garaunteed for the striker. youve got to be amazing to consistantly stop those shots. and i would argue that reina's all around game rival's cech any day of the week (except the above mentioned fuck up). he's quick, aggressive, and smart. what else do you need?
~gR~

This schedule is pathetic. Aside from the Indy game, the Gaytriots have no competition the rest of the season! Hopefully the Steelers will have something to say, but probably not much.

Sun 11/4 at Indianapolis 4:15 pm
bye
Sun 11/18 at Buffalo 1:00 pm
Sun 11/25 Philadelphia 8:15 pm
Mon 12/3 at Baltimore 8:30 pm
Sun 12/9 Pittsburgh 1:00 pm
Sun 12/16 NY Jets 1:00 pm
Sun 12/23 Miami 1:00 pm
Sat 12/29 at NY Giants 8:15 pm

You can't judge a keeper on his ability to save penalties.

If you did that Reina would be first choice for Spain. You gotta judge keepers on their all round game, consistency, shot-stopping, aerial ability etc. Hence why Buffon has been top of the trade for so long, and why Cech is considered one of the best, if not the best, in the world at the moment.

This is pretty much the spot on answer. Penalties, mean very, very little.

At least there is little to no focus on the Chargers as they steamroll over everyone else on their schedule, including the Colts. I bet the Colts are more afeared of the Chargers than they are of the Patsies.

That's pretty much what every Colts fan thought last season in the playoffs. I had no problem playing NE, I knew we would beat them, but San Diego was a different story. Not so much this season. They are no where near as good as they were last year, and Indy is better.

@Ozzman - pwned

For anyone who wants to read a good article by the football master that is John Clayton, click here.

That's pretty much what every Colts fan thought last season in the playoffs. I had no problem playing NE, I knew we would beat them, but San Diego was a different story. Not so much this season. They are no where near as good as they were last year, and Indy is better.

I don't know how I would rank the Chargers this year vs last. Gates is doing a lot more, LT is doing a bit less, but in these last three games they have dominated. No, they weren't the strongest teams, but the chargers also didn't just squeek it out, either. Like someone said, you beat the good teams by a little, you beat the bad teams by a lot.

I guess we'll see.

But I am a huge Colts fan right now! I hope they embarass the Gaytriots. Phone that play in for me, will ya King?

Rodriguez. :puke:

Torre. :(

Rodriguez. :erk:

Girardi. :)

Rodriguez. :mad:

Hank Steinbrenner. :kickass:

Rodriguez.
Aaarrrghhh.gif

Is he really leaving? If so what team do you expect to sign him? After about thirty seconds of thought I'll guess the Phillies will and keep him at 3b. I think they have the money and are willing in order to keep up with the Mets. Rollins, Utley, Howard, ARod would be a sweet line up.

I cant stand A-Rod. If the BoSox end up not giving Lowell an extension and try to sign A-Rod, I will no longer be a Sox fan.

I REALLY cant wait for the Pats/Indy game on Sunday. Now that is a special game. It should be a tremendous game. I think they are both very evenly matched with a slight advantage to our defense. We shall see.

You mean the old hacks that Manning made fools of last season in the AFC championship game? Good luck with that. The Colt's defense is miles ahead of the Patriots. Not to mention our offense is more balanced.

NE defense is ranked 3rd and Indy defense is ranked 4th, although stat wise they are very evenly matched. Hardly "miles ahead"

Indy's defense has 2 things going for it, that NE's defense doesn't.

1. Age
2. Speed

Both of which are why the Colts came back and beat the Patriots last year in the Championship game, and also why the Colt's offense is going to run over them again this year. The Patriots haven't helped themselves at all concerning those two problems either, except signing Adalius Thomas.

Awesome.