The Sports Thread

And you call yourself a fan...

BobblePageDetail2.jpg

then what does it have to do with? because i want to know what you have in mind when you use the word empire to describe the redsox.

It really isn't that complicated.

The Red Sox franchise has replaced the Yankees franchise as the "Model" team and the standard of competition. Next year, everyone is going to be trying to build a team that can beat the Red Sox. They are also built to compete now and for many years down the road, are willing to spend the most money and have the most potential revenue and the most bandwagon fans. I guarantee you that in a few years they will have the highest payroll. They are now the clear powerhouse of the major leagues.

None of this is "bad", in my opinion. Every other team in the league should- and will- strive to become what the Red Sox are now, which was true about the Yankees.

Easier to cover up their death's. The Yankees have got this whole system figured out.

well then how do you explain the sawx and the jimmy fund eh tough guy?

so what if they are built to compete now?! "everyone wiil be trying to build a team that can beat the Red Sox" well, what do you expect!? that happens EVERY year a team wins a championship! but, oh wait it not about winning the championships with you, as you said, so you are apparently calling them an empire because they have a good team, and people will be trying to beat them. never heard anyone call the cards a model franchise last year/empire, but they could, snd for the exact same reason!

so what if they are built to compete now?! "everyone wiil be trying to build a team that can beat the Red Sox" well, what do you expect!? that happens EVERY year a team wins a championship! but, oh wait it not about winning the championships with you, as you said, so you are apparently calling them an empire because they have a good team, and people will be trying to beat them congrats king richard on the Colt's empire!

Holy shit, you are so fucking stupid, dude.

Winning a championship does NOT make a team the standard of competition. If you fucking paid attention to baseball you'd know that. The Cardinals won the WS in '06 and not one person called them the "model franchise". After '05 no one outside their division went into the winter trying to find a team that could be the White Sox. The team that wins the championship is not always the best team, as was the case this year. For years, the Yankees have been the team with the best players, most revenue, most aggressive ownership, etc. But that it no longer true.

The Red Sox are the "model franchise" because they are as close to perfect as a team can be. Lots of money, lots of young talents, veterans, their own RSN, a huge market, a front office willing to spend aggressively, and a team that is extremely talented in each facet of the game and, as it would be appear, will continue to be for several years.

It's actually pretty fucking simple.

The Red Sox are the "model franchise" because they are as close to perfect as a team can be. Lots of money, lots of young talents, veterans, their own RSN, a huge market, a front office willing to spend aggressively, and a team that is extremely talented in each facet of the game and, as it would be appear, will continue to be for several years.

It's actually pretty fucking simple.

so because the redsox have HUGE value in the market, that is what you base that on? ok makes sense, but i dont agree with it, cubs did the same but they sucked for many years, i think it is still the yankees.