The Sports Thread

adios ARod :)

So are you like a Mets fan or something?

Is he really leaving? If so what team do you expect to sign him? After about thirty seconds of thought I'll guess the Phillies will and keep him at 3b. I think they have the money and are willing in order to keep up with the Mets. Rollins, Utley, Howard, ARod would be a sweet line up.

Yeah, he's more than likley done with the Yankees. Cashman said a while ago that if he opted out, the Yankees would not try to sign him. I suppose A-Rod either wanted to leave the Yankees or allowed Scott Boras to convince him that the Yankees were bluffing. If it's the latter, than A-Rod has done something very, very stupid. Hank Steinbrenner has said that there is "No chance" they will pursue him and said flat out that A-Rod is done with the club. He's also gotten the Stalin treatment in all the YES Network commerials that he was in.

Philly would be a good spot for him, but I predict that he will go to the Angels.

See you guys next baseball season, I have no reason to post in this thread till then :)

Yeah he and his stupid homers and RBIs and MVP awards and stuff. Regardless of his personality, he's still the best there is currently in the game. Replacing a talent like him is impossible.

The Yankees now have NO right handed power whatsoever.

I'm not denying that obviously his talent is much more important than his personality. But personality does play a small role. I'm not a die hard Yankee's fan either so I could care less whether they win all the time or not. What i've found today by talking to people (die hard yankee's fans) is that they are either very happy he's gone or very upset. Depends on how important you think sportsmanship/personality is which varies a lot fan to fan

I'm not denying that obviously his talent is much more important than his personality. But personality does play a small role. I'm not a Yankee's fan either so I could care less whether they are good or not. What i've found today by talking to people (die hard yankee's fans) is that they are either very happy he's gone or very upset. Depends on how important you think sportsmanship/personality is which varies a lot fan to fan

I really can't understand someone who is a Yankee fan being happy that he's gone, though. If someone values personality over talent of that magnitude, they've got some fucked up priorities. This changed the team dramatically.

From the interviews on the news it seems like people are most upset because he was never a completely devoted Yankee. I think his desire to keep his options open is respectable.

Duh! Chargers rule!

Duh, I didnt' care who won or lost as long as the team I chose covered the spread of +9 (lose by less then 9 points or win the game). Didn't work out but oh well. I won 4 out of 6 this past weekend. The previous 2 weekends I won 5 out of 7 each. Considering the bookies vig and that in order for me to make a profit I need to win 52% of my bets, I did pretty good in the past 3 or 4 weeks imo. Could you do the same?

I wonder what the point spread on the NE/Indy game will be next week. I don't recall where it's being played, but being at home is worth three points. I'm guessing it will be Indy +7 or +10, depending on the location.

My bookie has it at + 5 Indy. I might just skip betting this game and concentrate on other games for the upcoming weekend. But I haven't started analyzing the games yet. Will do most likely on Wednesday or after.

Duh, I didnt' care who won or lost as long as the team I chose covered the spread of +9 (lose by less then 9 points or win the game). Didn't work out but oh well. I won 4 out of 6 this past weekend. The previous 2 weekends I won 5 out of 7 each. Considering the bookies vig and that in order for me to make a profit I need to win 52% of my bets, I did pretty good in the past 3 or 4 weeks imo. Could you do the same?

I have no idea, and neither do I care. I am not into gambling.

I have no idea, and neither do I care. I am not into gambling.

Didn't think you were but just wanted to point out how the point spread works (+9 is the underdog, they have to lose by less then 9 points or win the game in order for you to win this bet. - 9 is the favorite, they have to win by more then 9 points in order for you to win this bet. So you bet the underdog or favorite based on what you think the outcome in points will be). Since you and others make "predictions" on the final scores of games. Would be interesting to see if you and/or others would do good betting on a pointspread.

Mathiäs;6652034 said:
GREEN BAY PACKERS!! 6-1!!

Man I've never seen worse officiating in my life. This game sucked. Packers didn't deserve to win.

But who cares! God I love Brett.

What I saw of that game was ugly. Neither team deserved to win. But that last bomb was killer! Plus I am glad the Broncos lost.

I used to watch Bruins games whenever I saw one on NESN, the New England Sports Network. But my college doesn't get NESN, so I haven't seen a game yet this year.