The Sports Thread

patscamrw3.gif

They're not going to go undefeated, and they're not going to win the Super Bowl. And Tom Brady is a fucking faggot and not half as good as he's given credit for. And their legacy is already as tainted as Bonds' homerun record.

you know a lot about heavy metal. you clearly know jack shit about football.

"And Tom Brady is a fucking faggot and not half as good as he's given credit for."

that has to be the single most ridiculous statement ive seen on these boards, any thread, any forum, since the website's inception. brady is the best in the game hands down. there is no debate. once again, another case of a "fan" who cant separate personal feelings from logic. i simply mean, if you looked at it from any logical point of view you would conclude that brady is the best qb in the game - there would be no other conclusion. look at what he is doing this year - give a man some fucking credit, jesus christ.

i thought football was supposed to be a "man's game?" since when do these guys cry like little pussies when they cant play any defense and stop a team from scoring. you play to win. all this "running up the score" shit is really getting fucking old. if you dont want them to score then stop them, it's actually quite simple.

you know a lot about heavy metal. you clearly know jack shit about football.

"And Tom Brady is a fucking faggot and not half as good as he's given credit for."

that has to be the single most ridiculous statement ive seen on these boards, any thread, any forum, since the website's inception. brady is the best in the game hands down. there is no debate. once again, another case of a "fan" who cant separate personal feelings from logic. i simply mean, if you looked at it from any logical point of view you would conclude that brady is the best qb in the game - there would be no other conclusion. look at what he is doing this year - give a man some fucking credit, jesus christ.

hey cool you watch ESPN

If you don't see that Tom Brady is immensely fucking overrated, then you're a moron, or too much of a fan to see past it. He's in the top 5 of right now, but people call him one of the best ever, and he certainly isn't. If you put him on a team without such a fucking stellar offensive line, he would perform poorly, because he's a pocket quarterback. He's hardly ever under pressure and just has the throw the ball out there.

Face it, he's a guy that got lucky in a really fucking cozy position, not OMG TEH GEREARTEST TING EVAR.

If you looked at if from a "logical" point of view, all things neutralized, you would see that Brady is overhyped, and you're a worthless dipshit blinded by your love of Patriot cock.

Cheers. :)

Mind you, my dislike for Brady has nothing to do with rivalries or any of that bullshit. Rather, it's a combination of his obnoxious and arrogant personality and the fact that he's fellated endlessly undeservedly for falling into a wonderful position.

That game was worth getting only 5 hours sleep for. I dont get all this Pats hatred. Even through they're in my group, and have taken some of my favourite Fins player, I still quite like them, and definatly enjoy watching them.

They remind me of Arsenal at football (soccer), I dont support them at all, but they play such great football they have to be admired.

hey cool you watch ESPN

If you don't see that Tom Brady is immensely fucking overrated, then you're a moron, or too much of a fan to see past it. He's in the top 5 of right now, but people call him one of the best ever, and he certainly isn't. If you put him on a team without such a fucking stellar offensive line, he would perform poorly, because he's a pocket quarterback. He's hardly ever under pressure and just has the throw the ball out there.

Face it, he's a guy that got lucky in a really fucking cozy position, not OMG TEH GEREARTEST TING EVAR.

If you looked at if from a "logical" point of view, all things neutralized, you would see that Brady is overhyped, and you're a worthless dipshit blinded by your love of Patriot cock.

Mind you, my dislike for Brady has nothing to do with rivalries or any of that bullshit. Rather, it's a combination of his obnoxious and arrogant personality and the fact that he's fellated endlessly undeservedly for falling into a wonderful position.
I really think you're overstating it. Sure Brady is a pocket QB and has a great team around him, but two superbowl MVPs don't just happen to a run of the mill guy. 36 (or whatever he is at) TD passes aren't just because he has all day. You also can't discount leadership and work ethic, and those are generally agreed to be second only to Manning.

I think your point about being on a team with a bad offensive line isn't that good. EVERY quarterback would perform poorly if they were being sacked or pressured all the time. Being a pocket quarterback doesn't negate you from being considered one of the greatest, just look at Dan Marino.

Brady is not the best Quartberback ever. He's probably not the best in the game at the moment. He really is only an injury or two away from falling behind Peyton Manning (who I think is the best). However, I still think your analysis is too harsh.

There are rumors that the Offensive Coordinator of the Cowboys is looking for a head coaching job. I think we would like to try him out in S.D. Yes, I am sure of it.

It's a sad shame that so much talent in S.D. is not being used properly. It much more frustrating than if we just sucked.

...and I still have confidence that Phillip Rivers can be a great QB. I would not give up on him at all.

hey cool you watch ESPN

wow youre clearly out of your element talking about anything other than obscure black metal bands from Norway huh?

Stop being a little fucking baby "oh i dont like tom brady he is arrogant and onboxious wha wha " and recognize what he has done. 3 superbowls without a single legitimate receiving threat until this year. look at his numbers this year, they're off the fucking charts borderline ridiculous. so he is a pocket qb and he isnt the most mobile guy in the league - big fuckin deal. payton manning cant move either; is he an over rated qb in your eyes? i know youre a steelers fanboy but i hate to break it to you: even bill cower said "brady is the premier quarterback in this league." dan marino - hall of fame qb says the same thing. my opinions are forumlated through objectively watching a football game and not what anyone else says, BUT, in this case i happen to agree with the panels because it's so fucking obvious to anyone with two eyes and a brain watching what brady is doing this year. so watching espn, (like everyone else) really kind of goes against your whole argument here, huh. let me be clear: if ANY other qb was putting up the numbers that brady was this season i would say the exact same thing i am saying now. it's based on actually watching what these guys do instead of liking a guy. try and separate your gay feelings toward a guy from judging him ability.

i thought football was supposed to be a "man's game?" since when do these guys cry like little pussies when they cant play any defense and stop a team from scoring. you play to win. all this "running up the score" shit is really getting fucking old. if you dont want them to score then stop them, it's actually quite simple.

It is called respect - sportsmanship. There is a point at which you stop embarrassing the other team and say 'Yes we won this game already, we're not going to rub your faces in it.'

Tom Brady reminds me of the obnoxious, rich kid antagonist from every kids / teen sports movie ever made. And angry Bill is like that kids Dad, and before every game he screams at them about how winning is everything, etc.

Following the formula of said movie genre, the Jets should come together in the end and win the beat the Pats in the big game against all odds.