The Sports Thread

Tom Brady reminds me of the obnoxious, rich kid antagonist from every kids / teen sports movie ever made. And angry Bill is like that kids Dad, and before every game he screams at them about how winning is everything, etc.

Following the formula of said movie genre, the Jets should come together in the end and win the beat the Pats in the big game against all odds.
061007_arod_vmed_7p.widec.jpg

wow youre clearly out of your element talking about anything other than obscure black metal bands from Norway huh?

Stop being a little fucking baby "oh i dont like tom brady he is arrogant and onboxious wha wha " and recognize what he has done. 3 superbowls without a single legitimate receiving threat until this year. look at his numbers this year, they're off the fucking charts borderline ridiculous. so he is a pocket qb and he isnt the most mobile guy in the league - big fuckin deal. payton manning cant move either; is he an over rated qb in your eyes? i know youre a steelers fanboy but i hate to break it to you: even bill cower said "brady is the premier quarterback in this league." dan marino - hall of fame qb says the same thing. my opinions are forumlated through objectively watching a football game and not what anyone else says, BUT, in this case i happen to agree with the panels because it's so fucking obvious to anyone with two eyes and a brain watching what brady is doing this year. so watching espn, (like everyone else) really kind of goes against your whole argument here, huh. let me be clear: if ANY other qb was putting up the numbers that brady was this season i would say the exact same thing i am saying now. it's based on actually watching what these guys do instead of liking a guy. try and separate your gay feelings toward a guy from judging him ability.

Your argument isn't based on "objectively watching a football game," it's based on looking up stats on nfl.com and assuming whoever has the best stats is the best player. Which is retarded. If you were "objectively" watching the entire fucking season, you would realize that the Patriots have had an absurdly easy schedule aside from the Cowboys and the Colts, during which both games he did not play substantially well, excluding the last 10 minutes of the Colts game. Do you really think it's surprising that the quarterback who just so happens to be on the best team in the league with the best receiver in the league can throw 90000 touchdowns against the winless Dolphins? Frankly, the only thing that Brady has done this season that has really impressed me was his taking command at the end of the Colts game. Otherwise, he hasn't done anything that half a dozen other quarterbacks could have done in the same scenario. The true worth of a quarterback is being able to do what others cannot do given the same tools.

Can you please try to have NOT retarded non sequitor arguments, but rather ones that actually make sense and are pertinent to the discussion at hand? If you could do that instead of saying "lol ur out ov ur element" without actually having any basis for making such a claim, that would be great.

The Patriots have always had a good team. Just because they didn't have big names doesn't mean they didn't have playmakers. They ALWAYS had somebody waiting in the wings to step up. Brady didn't do shit by himself.

Yeah, real big playmakers for receivers. Keep telling yourself that. :)

Btw, NOBODY does it on his own.

And yeah, they have always had a good TEAM...well in this decade anyhow. Which stems from superb coaching.

edit - also, "big names" and "playmakers" are fairly synonymous.

Of course the Pats always had good players, played well as a TEAM and were well coached (I'm talking about Brady era Pats). Brady couldn't have done it without his offensive weapons and good defense, and they could not have done it without him. Brady is indeed a GREAT quarterback, but he alone is not solely responsible for the Pats' success.

Of course the Pats always had good players, played well as a TEAM and were well coached (I'm talking about Brady era Pats). Brady couldn't have done it without his offensive weapons and good defense, and they could not have done it without him. Brady is indeed a GREAT quarterback, but he alone is not solely responsible for the Pats' success.

Indeed.

I disagree that they could not have done it without him. They could not have done it without a very good quarterback, but there are others who could have led the team probably even better than Brady.

I wish Bledsoe didn't get injured...

I disagree that they could not have done it without him. They could not have done it without a very good quarterback, but there are others who could have led the team probably even better than Brady.

I wish Bledsoe didn't get injured...
Well, what I meant is that they couldn't have done it without another very good quarterback. Of couse they wouldn't have done it with Bledsoe. You bring up a good point. If Bledsoe hadn't gotten injured, I wonder how long it would have taken before they would have tried starting Brady over him. Bledsoe SUCKED towards the end of his time with the Pats.

Bledsoe was fucking horrible. Biggest choker ever. Human statue.

Eli Manning is starting to remind me of Bledsoe. They have the mechanics, ability, and stuff that makes a good QB but just doesnt have "it." That certain X Factor that makes you step up your game when the game is on the line and get that W.

The odd thing about Bledsoe is that he got worse instead of better. Let's not forget that he took the Pats to the Superbowl against Green Bay in 1997. He was pretty good back then. But then he really started to suck a couple years later. I don't know what happened. It was not his age, since at the point he was not at the age yet where quarterbacks start to decline, but rather at the age where quarterbacks are supposed to be in their prime.

Your argument isn't based on "objectively watching a football game," it's based on looking up stats on nfl.com and assuming whoever has the best stats is the best player. Which is retarded. If you were "objectively" watching the entire fucking season, you would realize that the Patriots have had an absurdly easy schedule aside from the Cowboys and the Colts, during which both games he did not play substantially well, excluding the last 10 minutes of the Colts game. Do you really think it's surprising that the quarterback who just so happens to be on the best team in the league with the best receiver in the league can throw 90000 touchdowns against the winless Dolphins? Frankly, the only thing that Brady has done this season that has really impressed me was his taking command at the end of the Colts game. Otherwise, he hasn't done anything that half a dozen other quarterbacks could have done in the same scenario. The true worth of a quarterback is being able to do what others cannot do given the same tools.

Can you please try to have NOT retarded non sequitor arguments, but rather ones that actually make sense and are pertinent to the discussion at hand? If you could do that instead of saying "lol ur out ov ur element" without actually having any basis for making such a claim, that would be great.

but i do have a basis for my claims. its you refusing to give any respect to brady simply because you dont like him. you said youd put him in your "top 5," like you were being generous. the only quarterback in the league that could be argued as a better player at that position right now is payton manning. you really think you can name 4 other quarterbacks in the same leage as brady?

"The true worth of a quarterback is being able to do what others cannot do given the same tools."

Exactly. You just made my point for me. Brady has won 3 superbowls with literally no tools in the offensive end. not a single big time player. he lead his fucking team to all those victories those years while still maintaining solid numbers...pro bowl numbers.

and speaking of "watching" these games, do you actually do this? - brady had like 390 yards, 5 td, no interceptions against dallas in that ass kicking and you say he didnt play well? he had a fumble, too. i guess youre saying he didnt play that well because of his fumble. haha wtf? and sure, the colts game was easily his worst this year, but what happened? he took charge, lead his team to a hard victory on the road..didnt cave under the pressure.

im just really fucking sick and tired of brady not getting any respect. not just on here but everywhere. its so fucking immature to not like a guy because he "appears to be a spoiled rich kid" or whatever the fuck was said. brady was drafted sooooooo late. he wasnt even a stand out player in college. he got a chance and proved what he can do and he is running with it. i know its cool in sports to hate on the team that always wins, just like heavy metal where its cool to hate on bands that get popular. but i think it's really fucking stupid.

if you really want to try and say brady isnt the best qb in the league youre gonna have to do more than "he is a pocket quarterback. he cant extend plays." i mean by that judgement randal cunningham and mike vick are the best quarterbacks ever. give me a break. what a lousy way to begin to rate a quarterback, right?

and please address my points in my other post because i am curious - i am not trying to give you shit. do u really know more about football than john madden and dan marino and steve young? if these guys told you that brady was the best quarterback in the league do you really think you could convince them otherwise?

but i do have a basis for my claims. its you refusing to give any respect to brady simply because you dont like him. you said youd put him in your "top 5," like you were being generous. the only quarterback in the league that could be argued as a better player at that position right now is payton manning. you really think you can name 4 other quarterbacks in the same leage as brady?

Top 5 are Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger, Palmer, and Favre.

Exactly. You just made my point for me. Brady has won 3 superbowls with literally no tools in the offensive end.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

not a single big time player. he lead his fucking team to all those victories those years while still maintaining solid numbers...pro bowl numbers.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

and speaking of "watching" these games, do you actually do this? - brady had like 390 yards, 5 td, no interceptions against dallas in that ass kicking and you say he didnt play well? he had a fumble, too. i guess youre saying he didnt play that well because of his fumble. haha wtf? and sure, the colts game was easily his worst this year, but what happened? he took charge, lead his team to a hard victory on the road..didnt cave under the pressure.

Statistics aren't skill.

im just really fucking sick and tired of brady not getting any respect. not just on here but everywhere. its so fucking immature to not like a guy because he "appears to be a spoiled rich kid" or whatever the fuck was said. brady was drafted sooooooo late. he wasnt even a stand out player in college. he got a chance and proved what he can do and he is running with it. i know its cool in sports to hate on the team that always wins, just like heavy metal where its cool to hate on bands that get popular. but i think it's really fucking stupid.

Why are you so stupid? First of all, he gets widely praised EVERYWHERE, so what the fuck are you even talking about? Secondly, my disliking him as a player is irrelevant to my finding him to be overrated. Seriously, this is getting fucking stupid. If you're going to argue with me, why don't you actually use things that I have said instead of setting up an army of strawmen to flog down?

if you really want to try and say brady isnt the best qb in the league youre gonna have to do more than "he is a pocket quarterback. he cant extend plays." i mean by that judgement randal cunningham and mike vick are the best quarterbacks ever. give me a break. what a lousy way to begin to rate a quarterback, right?

Where the fuck did I ever say that not pocket quarterback and extending plays = good quarterback?

and please address my points in my other post because i am curious - i am not trying to give you shit. do u really know more about football than john madden and dan marino and steve young? if these guys told you that brady was the best quarterback in the league do you really think you could convince them otherwise?

First of all, what points, and secondly, stop fucking appealing to authority to support your lack of argument. I'm not trying to convince anybody, I'm just expressing my opinion.

Top 5 are Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger, Palmer, and Favre.

Explain putting Palmer in front of Favre? Or even in there at all?

This is the right list (as of right now):

Favre
Brady
Manning
Romo
Roethlisberger

Favre is playing better than Manning right now and is just a better qb. More mobile, agile, on-the-fly guy. Manning and Brady don't move well. Roethlisberger is more mobile, but he's obviously not in the same league as Favre. Plus he throws the deep ball better than anyone in the league right now.