The Sports Thread

It's not an ordered list...and it's surely not Palmer's fault that the Bengals suck this year.

Brees is an amazing QB and if the Saints were the same as they were last year he'd be showing it more (I'll be damned if you he isn't showing it though this year.) I'd easily put him in the top five.

061007_arod_vmed_7p.widec.jpg
Quiet, you.

im just really fucking sick and tired of brady not getting any respect.

:lol:

If anyone is interested, this is how I'd rank the active QB's in the league:

1. Manning - Based on two things: His skill, and his innovative style of play. Completely original and arguably one of the most exciting QB's to watch play, ever.
2a. Brady - As much as I hate Brady, you can't argue with 3 Super Bowl rings.
2b. Favre - Favre is a living legend; this year is just icing on the cake.
3. Carson Palmer - The guy is just an amazing passer. He's in the same boat Manning was in for a while, awesome offense, shitty defense.
4. Ben Roflsburger - I would have put him at 3 but he and the Steelers are too inconsistent sometimes. It's pretty cool to watch him run around and make plays though. The Super Bowl propelled him to 4 (for right now).
5. Tony Homo - I don't know what it is about this guy, but he's fucking exciting to watch. Give it a few more years and he'll be in the top 3 for sure.
6. Drew Brees - Just because I've always liked him. He's in the same boat as Palmer and Manning used to be; explosive offense, shit defense.
7. Matt Hasselbeck - Great passer. Nothing fancy about him but he gets the job done (most of the time).

The rest aren't worth mentioning. Plenty of QB's to look out for next year though.

edit: I didn't rank them based on this year, just based how their careers have gone.

I can't believe you didn't mention the Dolphins' QB's... Green, Lemon, and Beck... ok ok ok, I can. :(

Oh fuck yes! :kickass:

Gonzalez, Ugoh Could Return for Atlanta, Dungy Says
INDIANAPOLIS – The news for the last month around the Colts has focused largely on injuries, and mostly it has been less than encouraging.
Colts Head Coach Tony Dungy said Monday that could be changing.

Anthony Gonzalez, a rookie wide receiver who has missed the last two games with a hand injury, could return for the Colts’ game against Atlanta Thursday, as could offensive tackle Tony Ugoh (neck) and tight end Bryan Fletcher (calf), Dungy said Monday.

“We’ll have a couple of guys back and at least be able to field 45,” Dungy said Monday as the AFC South-leading Colts (8-2) prepared to play the Falcons (3-7) at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Ga., Thursday at 8:15 p.m.

The Colts, who beat the Kansas City Chiefs, 20-13, on Sunday to snap a two-game losing streak, have played without several starters each of the last three games.

Wide receiver Marvin Harrison has missed five of the last six games and the last four in succession with a knee injury. Linebacker Freddy Keiaho, Ugoh, Gonzalez and linebacker Tyjuan Hagler also have missed multiple games and tight end Dallas Clark and defensive tackle Raheem Brock missed a game each.

Against the Patriots two weeks ago, four starters missed with injuries, and against San Diego, six missed. On Sunday, Keiaho, Clark and Brock returned, but Harrison, Ugoh, Hagler and Gonzalez missed.

Dungy said Harrison may be able to return when the Colts play host to Jacksonville December 2, “but we’ll see,” he added.

Offensive tackle Ryan Diem, who left a loss to San Diego a week ago with an ankle injury, left the victory over Kansas City Sunday and afterward was “not much worse than before the game,” Dungy said.

“We’ll see on a short week what he’ll be able to do,” Dungy said. “Right now, we’re optimistic he’ll be able to play.”

Also, rookie cornerback Dante Hughes who missed Sunday’s game with a shoulder injury, “has a chance to be back,” Dungy said.

edit: Now that I read this article closer...whoever wrote this is a moron. Gonzo had a dislocated thumb first off, secondly the Colts be the Chiefs 13-10. I question the validity of this article now, even though it was posted in the Colts official website. :erk:

edit2: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: According to SI.com, the Colts have the #2 ranked defense in the fuckin league! And the #3 ranked offense, despite all of the injuries.. That's just insane. I was pleasantly surprised by reading that. And (hopefully) we'll start getting healthier too! Go Colts!

I wonder how the Steelers defense ranks after last week. :erk: They were top in several categories, including points allowed and rushing yardage allowed I believe.

My wins, losses etc. for this past weekend/Monday (I haven't analyzed anything for upcoming games.):

Wins:

Green Bay - 9 1/2
St. Louis - 3
New England - 16

Losses:

Indianapolis - 14 1/2
Dallas - 11
Tennessee + 1 1/2 (I wanted to skip this game but my partner wanted to make the bet and I let her. Of course I was right to skip it and regret I didn't use my veto power now)

Push:

Cleveland - 3