The Sports Thread

BTW the cubs are the NL version of the yanks, great talent shitty results.

I wouldn't say that. No one ever expects the Cubs to be any good at all, whereas the Yankees are supposed to be a powerhouse.

Maybe they'll bounce back and at least make it interesting. If they lose this season, it sucks, but it's no big deal; but they absolutley need to win big next season.

I wouldn't say that. No one ever expects the Cubs to be any good at all, whereas the Yankees are supposed to be a powerhouse.

Maybe they'll bounce back and at least make it interesting. If they lose this season, it sucks, but it's no big deal; but they absolutley need to win big next season.

the cubs generally suck ass, but the team this year is extremely talented. Horrible record in 1 run games and lots of inconsistency so far (very similarly to the yankees) has doomed them to mediocrity this year.

As much as I love shitting on the Yankees, I'm not going to jinx myself. Being the Yankees, the gods work in their favor. They could come right back, we have plenty of time left in the season.

Still though, I'm lovin it. Every second.

As much as I love shitting on the Yankees, I'm not going to jinx myself. Being the Yankees, the gods work in their favor. They could come right back, we have plenty of time left in the season.

I wouldn't call blowing it in the playoffs/world series every year the favor of the gods.

i dont like to argue in their favor or anything

but they have won far more world series titles than any other team ever.

I think they are capable of bouncing back and finishing with a really good record, but it really, really doesn't look like they can catch this Boston team. They're just too good.

I wouldn't call blowing it in the playoffs/world series every year the favor of the gods.

Typical bandwagoning Sox fan doesn't know the history.

edit: And at least we aren't blaming it on a magical curse.

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (205-pound limit)

1 Light Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

2. Quinton Jackson

3. Chuck Liddell

4. Dan Henderson

5. Wanderlei Silva

6. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

7. Ricardo Arona

8. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

9. Tito Ortiz

10. Kazuhiro Nakamura