The Sports Thread

Mo's back, baby! The fucking king shows Papelbon who's boss!

marianorivera5pi6.jpg

Really, really frustrating game (and series), but what a sweet, sweet ending.

I predict that the Yanks will come within a few games of the lead. They won't win the card though, as it will be either Detroit or Cleveland

But I hope Cleveland or Detroit win out, cause I hate Boston and don't like any of the west teams on principle

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (205-pound limit)

1 Light Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

2. Quinton Jackson

3. Chuck Liddell

4. Dan Henderson

5. Wanderlei Silva

6. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

7. Ricardo Arona

8. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

9. Tito Ortiz

10. Kazuhiro Nakamura

Those rankings are alright...firstly I would take Tito off that list, move Nog up a bit more, move Chuck down a bit (not because he lost, he is overrated anyways) but rankings don't mean much.

The Red Sox lost three in a row now. Fuck.

I don't see how you can hate the Red Sox, unless you're a Yankees fan. But I definitely see how you can hate the Pats, winning 3 in 4 years, with much luck involved, and having a quarterback who is perhaps the most hateable man in all of sports.

The A's do have nice uniforms and a ugly stadium. A year or two ago during interleague, the Mets went to Oakland and I was watching the game on SNY. Gary Cohen and Keith Hernandez do the games for SNY and they were going on and on about the uniforms. "I really like those lovely kelly-green jerseys!". No shit, Hernandez actually said that. Fag.

Anyone ever notice that hald the A's players have the same look? Brown hair, usually long and always shaggy and usually a beard. Swisher, Chavez, Kendall, Piazza. I think Harden or Haren, Zito when he was there... It's just strange.