The Sports Thread

did anyone watch the great fight yesterday???

COTTO x JUDAH

great fight! great fight!!! but wtf problem with judah??? he could win the fight in the beginning... The Madison Square Garden looked like a Puerto Rico arena yesterday...

Yanks back at .500 :). Never thought I'd be this happy for 31-31.

An ok game tonight. Some great plays by Jeter and Cairo. Fucking hour-long rain delay damn near caused me to miss my train home, though.

It was Helton who is a CAREER .333 hitter. Holliday this year is hitting .350. Those two are no stiffs and he got them both out.

Career .333 for a Rockies hitter is a little iffy, remember. He's good, yes. But he plays half his games in Denver. Still a pretty good job by Papelbon, though.

I realize he stuck out a good hitter to win the game, but he's still out there acting like it was a big deal. All I'm saying is that Rivera does the same thing, he's shaking hands with Posada and heading back to the clubhouse.

^^^ Minor League baseball. That happened a few weeks ago. The guy was actually upset at first, but then he was just trying to get on TV. It worked.

Onto Major League ball: The Yank's just won their 8th game in a row and have climbed back over .500. Mike Mussina pitched extremely well tonight, going 7 and 2/3's innings, giving up just 2 runs on four hits and didn't walk anyone. They showed his pitch count after he came out, and it was 102 pitches, 75 stikes and 27 balls. It'll be a huge plus for the team if he keeps it up and can give them ~7 innings a start from here on in, because Clemens won't go too deep into the game, and that fifth spot is always a question mark.

What's more, since the Red Sox got shellacked by the Rockies the Yankees cut the lead down to 8.5 :)lol: I can't believe I'm happy that they're "only" down 8.5). Chipping away...