The Sports Thread

So, MLB fans, the All-Star game isn't for a while yet, but it's not too early to vote for players. Has anyone else voted yet or plan to? My ballot was:

AL:

1B- David Ortiz, Boston Red Sox*
2B- B.J. Upton, Tampa Bay Devil Rays
SS- Derek Jeter, New York Yankees
3B- Alex Rodriguez, New York Yankees
C- Jorge Posada, New York Yankees
OF- Vlad Guerrero, Los Angeles Angels
OF- Ichiro Suzuki, Seattle Mariners
OF- Magglio Ordoñez, Detroit Tigers

NL:

1B- Prince Fielder, Milwaukee Brewers
2B- Chase Utley, Philadelphia Phillies
SS- Jose Reyes, New York Mets
3B- Miguel Cabrera, Florida Marlins
C- Bengie Molina, San Francisco Giants
OF- Carlos Beltran, New York Mets
OF- Alfonso Soriano, Chicago Cubs
OF- Matt Holliday, Colorado Rockies**

* I was going to write in Kevin Youkilis instead, but I figure the players will vote him onto the team, anyway. Really, I think it says more about a players abilities if the players vote him in, as opposed to fans who tend to vote for the biggest names.

** Yes, really.

For those who haven't voted yet and plan to, remember that you can vote up to 25 times. And remember to vote Jorge Posada for AL catcher!

I don't want to read through this whole thread, so I'll just say:

chargers.gif

This season is gonna rule!!!

ack

So, MLB fans, the All-Star game isn't for a while yet, but it's not too early to vote for players. Has anyone else voted yet or plan to? My ballot was:

AL:

1B- David Ortiz, Boston Red Sox*
2B- PLacido Polanco, DT
SS- Derek Jeter, New York Yankees
3B- Alex Rodriguez, New York Yankees
C- Jorge Posada, New York Yankees
OF- Vlad Guerrero, Los Angeles Angels
OF- Ichiro Suzuki, Seattle Mariners
OF- Magglio Ordoñez, Detroit Tigers

NL:

1B- Prince Fielder, Milwaukee Brewers
2B- Chase Utley, Philadelphia Phillies
SS- Jose Reyes, New York Mets
3B- Miguel Cabrera, Florida Marlins
C- Bengie Molina, San Francisco Giants
OF- Carlos Beltran, New York Mets
OF- Alfonso Soriano, Chicago Cubs
OF- Barry Bonds, SF

Fixed. Why the hell wasn't Placido Polanco on that list? He's hitting .343 compared to Upton's .320 something.

Fixed. Why the hell wasn't Placido Polanco on that list? He's hitting .343 compared to Upton's .320 something.

Polanco:

AVG- .343; HR- 1; RBI- 33; SB- 1; OBP- .384

Upton:

AVG- .320; HR- 9; RBI- 31; SB- 13; OBP- .396

I wouldn't say that Polanco is a better offensive player than Upton, who gets overlooked for being a Devil Ray. They both deserve votes, though.

They'll lose in the first round of the playoffs again. Colts are going to repeat.

GO COLTS!

No way. The Colts only got to go last year because the Chargers beat themselves. I have no doubt the Chargers could have beat the Colts and gone to the big game.

This is a different year and the Chargers are again going to be a force to be reconed with, even more than last year. Don't write them off because of past failures. You as a Colts fan should know about that all to well.

Once the Chargers took themselves out of the running, I was happy that The Colts went and won last year. They deserved to win it after being so good for so long, and I like to root AFC when possible.

ack

No way. The Colts only got to go last year because the Chargers beat themselves. I have no doubt the Chargers could have beat the Colts and gone to the big game.

This is a different year and the Chargers are again going to be a force to be reconed with, even more than last year. Don't write them off because of past failures. You as a Colts fan should know about that all to well.

Once the Chargers took themselves out of the running, I was happy that The Colts went and won last year. They deserved to win it after being so good for so long, and I like to root AFC when possible.

ack

I'd like to see the Chargers win. that offense is explosive as fuck!

The only sport that I show any real interest in is Football. With that in mind, I hope the Eagles win the Superbowl this year. Can't wait until the season starts.