The Sports Thread

football ftw

funny_soccer.jpg

ok, i watched UFC 71 last night, and i just can say one thing:

Rampage Jackson rules!!!

Chuck liddel was scaried when Jackson looked at your eyes... Very fuck amazing fight, but Wanderley Silva is arriving to crash The Rampage's party.

Chuck? Iceman? Nomore... now is ICECREAM

God damn fucking Angels.

And even I could see from the moherfucking right field bleachers that the called third stike on Abreu to end that game on saturday was absolute horse shit. You know, everyone bitches about umpires from time to time, but it really seems like the Yankees have gotten really screwed on some horrible calls this season (not an excuse for their poor play, but it's cost them at least one game). I just thought it was in my head, but then the broadcasters on YES started to bring it up, and now it comes out that the Yankees are going to meet with Selig's office to discuss it. If the team is actually lodging a formal complaint about it, there's got to be something to it.

God damn fucking Angels.

And even I could see from the moherfucking right field bleachers that the called third stike on Abreu to end that game on saturday was absolute horse shit. You know, everyone bitches about umpires from time to time, but it really seems like the Yankees have gotten really screwed on some horrible calls this season (not an excuse for their poor play, but it's cost them at least one game). I just thought it was in my head, but then the broadcasters on YES started to bring it up, and now it comes out that the Yankees are going to meet with Selig's office to discuss it. If the team is actually lodging a formal complaint about it, there's got to be something to it.
It was a terrible call, but one called strike does not make you walk in two runs or give up ten runs in one game.

It was a terrible call, but one called strike does not make you walk in two runs or give up ten runs in one game.

I didn't fucking say that it was the only reason they lost (as a matter of fact, I specifically said that the bad calls were not an excuse for all the losing). Either way, you're examples have absolutley no bearing on Saturdays game since they did not walk in two runs nor did they allow ten. It was a horrendous call. The ball was in the opposite batters box. There were two on and the score was 3-1. That call had a pretty fucking huge effect on the game. Sure, Abreu probably would have grounded out, but he may also have gotten a hit. The Yankees had a legitimate chance to win the game right there and it was wasted by an absolutley absurd third-stike call. Umpires should not decided the outcome of a game, which is what happened on Saturday.

There's a pretty huge difference "one called strike" and "a clearley erroneous called third with two outs in the bottom of the ninth and the tying runs on base".

ok, i watched UFC 71 last night, and i just can say one thing:

Rampage Jackson rules!!!

Chuck liddel was scaried when Jackson looked at your eyes... Very fuck amazing fight, but Wanderley Silva is arriving to crash The Rampage's party.

Chuck? Iceman? Nomore... now is ICECREAM

Well Rampage is fighting Dan Henderson who recently KO'd Silva, should be a great fight. But when Silva fought Rampage in one of the fights, Rampage seriously took some sickeningly vicious knees before he fell...But You have to wonder what Silva has left, his last couple fight/losses were kinda brutal...but Silva would destroy Chuck. Last I heard Silva was taking a year off...but I think Silva-Liddell fight will probably happen sometime.

Well Rampage is fighting Dan Henderson who recently KO'd Silva, should be a great fight. But when Silva fought Rampage in one of the fights, Rampage seriously took some sickeningly vicious knees before he fell...But You have to wonder what Silva has left, his last couple fight/losses were kinda brutal...but Silva would destroy Chuck. Last I heard Silva was taking a year off...but I think Silva-Liddell fight will probably happen sometime.

yeah, i know about silva... he isn't in a good momet either, and i guess silva-liddel fight will happen in UFC 74... great fight, but i'd like to see this fight with both in a good moment

I didn't fucking say that it was the only reason they lost (as a matter of fact, I specifically said that the bad calls were not an excuse for all the losing). Either way, you're examples have absolutley no bearing on Saturdays game since they did not walk in two runs nor did they allow ten. It was a horrendous call. The ball was in the opposite batters box. There were two on and the score was 3-1. That call had a pretty fucking huge effect on the game. Sure, Abreu probably would have grounded out, but he may also have gotten a hit. The Yankees had a legitimate chance to win the game right there and it was wasted by an absolutley absurd third-stike call. Umpires should not decided the outcome of a game, which is what happened on Saturday.

There's a pretty huge difference "one called strike" and "a clearley erroneous called third with two outs in the bottom of the ninth and the tying runs on base".
You are right, but I was pointing out that bitching about one "clearley erroneous called third with two outs in the bottom of the ninth and the tying runs on base" is not going to solve what is ailing the Yankees.

btw 13.5

You are right, but I was pointing out that bitching about one "clearley erroneous called third with two outs in the bottom of the ninth and the tying runs on base" is not going to solve what is ailing the Yankees.

I fucking know that. I never said that Saturdays game was the reason they suck this year.

What happened Saturday was bullshit and if it happened to the Red Sox you'd be bitching, too.

Yankees :puke:

What's going on this year? The Red Sox are playing like the Yankees and the Yankees are playing like the Red Sox.

Fucking Ducks. Ottawa better step it up for game 2 so they can gain home ice advantage. It seems they got slightly lazy with that extra long break following the Buffalo series.