The Sports Thread

Well, I never watched any of that series. Unfortunately, I'm not the diehard fan I used to be so I barely watch hockey now. And personally, I find my interest in hockey fading and I probably won't even care for hockey in a few years.

A lot of it has to do with the never-ending tampering with rules, suggestions and such. Some of the recent changes are good but alot of them are bad, and it seems that they just won't stop with unnecessary changes...Tight-fitting jerseys are fucking ugly, no more expansion teams for American cities who don't even like hockey, the playoff OT format is fine and doesnt need a change, regular season shoot-outs are awful, the season schedule format is awful, a 16-team playoff is fine and should not be changed to include more teams, the single point for losing in OT/SO is ridiculous (no wonder Atlanta did so well) etc...

I haven't paid attention much to Hockey since the late 90s. But all of a sudden I was interested again this year, hopefully it stays with me since hockey is the only sport I really enjoy watching. But I can understand where you are coming from.

Edit: Blues :lol:

hahahahah

faith no more, i said to you that Milan would be the champion... Kaka is the best player in Europe in this moment, and i guess in the world too

130963.jpg

I'd say on the whole Liverpool deserved to win but didn't take their chances whilst Milan did. After half time Milan were getting ten men behind the ball and playing on the counter attack which in the end worked to their advantage. Though I think the fact that Kaka, Gattuso and Seedorf were virtually anonymous throughout the match, barring Kaka's assist for Inzaghi, showed how well Liverpool played.

Although I'm gutted, I look forward to next year where, with a goalscorer and someone who can float past players like Kaka/Ronaldo, we'll be challenging for the Premiership and Champions League.

hahahahah

faith no more, i said to you that Milan would be the champion... Kaka is the best player in Europe in this moment, and i guess in the world too

Kaka did fuck all in the game, and Kaka best in the world?! Hell no! But I dont give a shit to be honest. At least Barca, or Madrid, or Inter or some other team I hate didnt win it. Shit game aswell.

Figured this was the proper place to post this incredible news:

ANTI-CUB RALLY at Miller Park(Home of the Brew-Krew Brewers) Milwaukee,WI
Radio station AM1250 is hosting a rally to keep the Chicago Cubs fans out of Milwaukee. The town is sick and tired of faggots coming in for games and acting a fool. This is going to be fucking legendary!:kickass: :lol: :kickass:

Figured this was the proper place to post this incredible news:

ANTI-CUB RALLY at Miller Park(Home of the Brew-Krew Brewers) Milwaukee,WI
Radio station AM1250 is hosting a rally to keep the Chicago Cubs fans out of Milwaukee. The town is sick and tired of faggots coming in for games and acting a fool. This is going to be fucking legendary!:kickass: :lol: :kickass:

Oh, man. I hate when the other teams fans show up an act like cocksuckers. I was just at the YANKS-SAWX game on Tuesday night, and of course there were quite a few Mass-holes there to root for the MaySox. They are mostly insufferable fuckbags and I delight in getting them ejected (if you get a cops attention and point to a Sox fan, other people will start pointing to them as well, and the cop comes over and kicks them out. For no reason!). A lot of them are cool, though. Two of them were sitting in front of me and we talked and joked throughout the game.

Shitty game, though. It broke my personal win steak for this season; before that the Yanks had been 4-0 in games where I was in attendance. Oh well.

Yankees fans are no better. I went to a Blue Jays game against the Yankees last summer. Thankfully the Jays crushed the Yankees something like 13-5, but there were some stupid guys from Niagara Falls acting like idiots around us.

Also how hard is it to get Yankees tickets? It is near impossible to get Red Sox tickets. I am going to a PawSox game on Saturday though.

Also how hard is it to get Yankees tickets? It is near impossible to get Red Sox tickets. I am going to a PawSox game on Saturday though.

It's fairly tough to get Yankee tickets, but not impossible. You should certainly try to get there this season or next, before they tear it down. I'm sure if you look on stub hub or something you could still find tickets for the next Red Sox series there. I'm a partial season ticket holder, which is why I get to as many games as I do.

I do know that it's fucking impossible to get Fenway Park tickets, though (which is a big reason why so many Red Sox fans show up at Yankee Stadium). I'd really love to get to Fenway someday. If I do, I'll probably keep quiet the whole time.

Also, I had tickets to the Trenton Thunder game last night (Clemens was pitching). I showed up just before game time, and it was a huge clusterfuck. The whole lot was full, and I was directed to another lot a mile away, which was full by the time I got there (half an hour into the game), so I just turned back and went home. The tickets were only six bucks and it was a short drive, so no big deal. Not to mention, the Yankee game had gotten off to a good start. And I'm going to see Rocket eventually, anyway.

I detect sarcasm. Your sarcasm, however, is irrelevant, since the purpose of a tune-up start is not to win the game, but to get in shape. Throwing a mediocre game in a tune-up start means nothing, just like it meant nothing that he did well in his A-Ball start.

Kaka did fuck all in the game, and Kaka best in the world?! Hell no! But I dont give a shit to be honest. At least Barca, or Madrid, or Inter or some other team I hate didnt win it. Shit game aswell.

oh no? so, who is to you???

Barça again??? i appreciate how they play this game, and i got angry when Internacional defeat then on Toyota Cup, but i guess Barça isn't the same team.

I detect sarcasm. Your sarcasm, however, is irrelevant, since the purpose of a tune-up start is not to win the game, but to get in shape. Throwing a mediocre game in a tune-up start means nothing, just like it meant nothing that he did well in his A-Ball start.

:lol: .

Anyway, here's my prediction, bitches!

Sox of course win the division.
The Yanks, though pulling together valiantly, fall short by 2 games and miss the card.
Boston wins first series.
Boston loses second series.
Giants win world series.

He is a very good addition to your side, but his position (central attacking midfielder) is crowded with some great names in the world at the moment. So for his position, he does fall under the top 5 players for me, but certainly not the peak. There're better fishes.