The Sports Thread

Yankees... win?... What?

Nice (and surprising) win tonight. Good hitting and excellent pitching. Hopefully, this will start the turn things around. They absolutley needed to go into the Red Sox series with a win.

jesus fucking christ! no more please no more!

no more of this horrible fucking cubs bullpen, no more grand slams given up, no more games lost because these clowns can't get anybody out

the cubs should be 5-10 games over .500 if not for this horrible bullpen

god fuckign damn it :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

jesus fucking christ! no more please no more!

no more of this horrible fucking cubs bullpen, no more grand slams given up, no more games lost because these clowns can't get anybody out

the cubs should be 5-10 games over .500 if not for this horrible bullpen

god fuckign damn it :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

You can have Kyle Farnsworth back if you want.

it is unbelievable to score 23 runs in 3 games and not sweep the fucking series, especially with the 3 starters going (the cubs best 3 starters)

the only upside is that Aramis Ramirez is proving why he's the best 3rd basemen in the NL, now on pace for 45 bombs and like 150 RBI

They can't possibly continue to play at the level they were playing at before last night. I know things will turn around. The only question is: When will they do it, and will it be enough to catch Boston?

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew Anaheim was going to win, and I stand by my prediction that they will beat Ottawa 4-3....I hate Ottawa. I dislike Anaheim, and the last thing I want to see is Detroit win another cup, so by default and I cringe when I say this but I hope Anaheim wins the cup.

I knew Anaheim was going to win, and I stand by my prediction that they will beat Ottawa 4-3....I hate Ottawa. I dislike Anaheim, and the last thing I want to see is Detroit win another cup, so by default and I cringe when I say this but I hope Anaheim wins the cup.

The way Anaheim played the series against Detroit they deserved to lose. Ottawa will win though if Anaheim continues its lackluster performance and even if they step it up I doubt they will be very effective against the Alfredsson, Spezza and Heatley line. Watch out Giguere.

The way Anaheim played the series against Detroit they deserved to lose. Ottawa will win though if Anaheim continues its lackluster performance and even if they step it up I doubt they will be very effective against the Alfredsson, Spezza and Heatley line. Watch out Giguere.

Well, I never watched any of that series. Unfortunately, I'm not the diehard fan I used to be so I barely watch hockey now. And personally, I find my interest in hockey fading and I probably won't even care for hockey in a few years.

A lot of it has to do with the never-ending tampering with rules, suggestions and such. Some of the recent changes are good but alot of them are bad, and it seems that they just won't stop with unnecessary changes...Tight-fitting jerseys are fucking ugly, no more expansion teams for American cities who don't even like hockey, the playoff OT format is fine and doesnt need a change, regular season shoot-outs are awful, the season schedule format is awful, a 16-team playoff is fine and should not be changed to include more teams, the single point for losing in OT/SO is ridiculous (no wonder Atlanta did so well) etc...