The Sports Thread

Abreu is great for when you really have to go to the bathroom during the game but don't want to get up during the inning, because he invariably makes the third out.

:lol: Yeah I know what you mean, although it seems like every player on the Giants besides Bonds is like that too.

Also, don't be hating on dave. Just take what he says with a grain of salt, as you should everything on da interwebs.

Good God. If you Australians are really that offended, you people need to get a life and maybe grow some fucking balls. It's just that name of a sports championship.

MLB is not even an American thing. The teams are mostly based here, but it is largely an international sport. About one third of the players in MLB are from outside the United States. They come from Japan, Venezuela, The Domincan Republic, Taiwan, Cuba... just to name a few. The best players in the world play here. That's why baseball was cut from the Olympics- because MLB players could not participate.

Another thing, maybe it wouldn't have to be called the World Series if someone would put together a league worthy of competing with MLB. The only one that comes close is the Japan League, and everyone knows that it is inferior. All of their best players come. Really, if Australians are that upset that it's called the world series, maybe you should, I don't know, put together a baseball program that isn't a fucking joke conpared to MLB (which actually has Australians playing, by the way).

Why the fuck do you people care what we call the championship of a sport you don't even seem to care about?

Haha if you knew how to read you would've noticed my post never ever once mentioned the word 'offended' nor implied it. It's a running joke in Australia. Simple fact. And you're right, baseball means fuck all to Australians. But why does that mean we can't have a good humoured laugh at a country who hosts a World Series tournament for it's own teams? Maybe it's Australian sense of humour but honestly buddy, swallow some cement and harden the fuck up if you're going to get all antsy about that.

This quote automatically coins you and all other aussies that share your opinion a bunch illiterate, incompetent, stupid faggots who basically have no idea what they're talking about.

Or you could answer the question like masterolightning did. Instead of being a cock. Pretty much the same as me saying all American's are war loving, anti-Semitic racists who just want to shoot Muslims. As was yours, a big generalisation.

Have a nice day:loco:

Haha if you knew how to read you would've noticed my post never ever once mentioned the word 'offended' nor implied it. It's a running joke in Australia. Simple fact. And you're right, baseball means fuck all to Australians. But why does that mean we can't have a good humoured laugh at a country who hosts a World Series tournament for it's own teams? Maybe it's Australian sense of humour but honestly buddy, swallow some cement and harden the fuck up if you're going to get all antsy about that.

Stop trying to cover your ass. Sorry that I had to school you, but if you're going to say stupid things you'd better be prepared to look like a jackass.

maybe in a 100 years, baseball will be popular enough so we can have a legitimate tournament like the world cup with soccer.

I think that will definately happen in asian countries like china and Japan but in europe? hard to say.

What did you think of the WBC? I thought it was ok... too few legitimate teams (South Africa? Italy? What?) and a shitty format, but still pretty fun to watch. I was a little surpirsed by the outcome- really, the whole thing should have come down to the US and the Dominican Republic with Puerto Rico, Cuba, Japan and Venezuela making some noise, but I suppose the timing of the even had a bigger impact that anyone anticipated.

What did you think of the WBC? I thought it was ok... too few legitimate teams (South Africa? Italy? What?) and a shitty format, but still pretty fun to watch. I was a little surpirsed by the outcome- really, the whole thing should have come down to the US and the Dominican Republic with Puerto Rico, Cuba, Japan and Venezuela making some noise, but I suppose the timing of the even had a bigger impact that anyone anticipated.
You have to remember it was played in the offseason, before the guys have had spring training and such. That could've been part of why the USA/Dominican Republic did not do so well.

I had a day today! I went 4-6.

Made two errors at third though, but it's not my fault as I never play infield.

Yeah, I can play middle infield, but not the corners. I make enough errors in middle in as it is though, so I usually stick to the outfield where I basically am perfect defense-wise. I was hitting .300, but I've been majorly slumping lately.