The Sports Thread

Yeah, and I play for a club team as well. i don't know what the leauge is called.

Cool. Last year, we were 35-7 and third in state. This year, we are 18-12 so far but 10-4 in the conference which is what really matters. I'm hitting .357. Starting catcher.

God damn it! Fuck the motherfucking Yankees. Highest paid losers in baseball. Motherfuckers finally get some decent pitching and they can't hit a fucking thing. Over $200 million and they can't even play .500 ball. Absolutley fucking pathetic.

If the bosox find a way to choke on this 10 game lead, that would really be an accomplishment.

what I am really waiting for is George to blow up and start firing and releasing people left and right :heh:

I am actually really scared now. The Red Sox can't be this good and the Yankees can't be that bad. Something's going to happen.
ohnoes.gif

I am actually really scared now. The Red Sox can't be this good and the Yankees can't be that bad. Something's going to happen.
ohnoes.gif

I hope so. I mean... holy shit the Sox are so fucking good right now. I doubt that anyone could continue to play at that level for a whole season, but the way the Yankees are playing... Unless the Sox have an epic fucking meltdown (like last year) I think the Yankees are fucked. I really, really hope I'm wrong.

God damn, how do you people deal with it? Losing, I mean. For real, I'm not used to it. It sucks.

Even if we get swept in 5 we will still be far ahead that's how good things are going. My guess is the lead will be down to 2-4 by the end of the season, but if we can keep getting guys like Tavarez and Hinske stepping up then we're in good shape. Drew is bound to get hot and we have Lester en route. As I said earlier I don't want to get my hopes too high but I'm feeling pretty good right now.

some thoughts around the league

- the cubs bullpen is fucking awful, they have cost the cubs 3 fucking games out of the last 7. The cubs could easily and SHOULD be 6-1 their last 7 games not 3-4, god fucking damn it.

- sox offense is mediocre, these guys are just not very good swinging the bat sorry (talking about the white sox)

- yankees are on the brink of elimination as far as this season is concerned IMO. If they head into july 12-15 games back, it's over

- atlanta has a brutal schedule, their interleague opponents have a combined winning % of over nearly 62 :zombie:

Those are some pretty hard hitting and unique opinions there, Dave. I'm surprised that you didn't point out that the Royals are bad, the Blue Jays have a lot of injures and the D-Backs have new uniforms.

LOL sox win another one easily

yankees could be 11.5 back by the end of the day :lol:

Yeah. I'll be shocked if they don't get swept by the Mets. Last night was their best chance to win and they pissed it away. Their pitching should line up really well against Boston (should be Wang, Mussina and Pettitte)... of course, the pitching has been good for a while. It's the bats.

It's amazing. The seaons starts, and their bats are on fire but the pitching is horrendous. The pitching gets good, and all but two of the bats fall dead silent for. When they're up to bat, it's The Jorge Posada and Derek Jeter Show: Featuring a Bunch of Fuckwads Who LOVE Hitting into Doubleplays.