The Sports Thread

Fucckkkkkk - if it were not for that time out earlier that was the Ravens game.

Goddamnit.

Looks like next week it is the Steelers job to win against the Patriots and considering how they've got the #1 D in the league they've got what it takes.

Last two weeks maybe, but not really for every other game they played. Unless the Patriots were "lucky" to win 56-10 or 52-7

Last two weeks? You mean the 3 out of the last 4 games the Pats have played? The rest of the teams pretty much came into those games willing to give the game away to the Pats anyways. Only 3 teams this year have had the balls to go toe-to-toe with the Pats, and all 3 of them were beating the shit out of the Pats until their slew of lucky ass plays and penalties won the game for them. Can't say it's a coincidence after the third time.

edit: My argument is about how lucky they get. The penalties being included into that luck. I'm not saying that the are cheating or the refs are biased towards them or anything retarded like that. Just straight up fucking lucky.

Memo to MasterOLightning: I do recall prior to the first regular season game in the NFL, that my sentiments towards the Bears in regards to how good they would be this year were very bleak. Specifically concerning their defense. In light of my opinion, I'd like to give myself a little pat on the back for one statistic that pretty much speaks volumes:

NFL ranking for total defense: Chicago Bears - 28th.

It's a little more than that, since the Chargers were also the ones who ended the Colts winning streak in '05. I think there are matchups that contain elements which make them unique (as in divisional rivalries, etc, and just different playing/offense/defense styles). I think there is something in the way the Chargers play the Colts that gives them some sort of advantage.