The Sports Thread

Not really. Manning threw 6 interceptions, he's never done that before. And it wasn't because of the Chargers defense either. Also, the Colts gave up a kickoff return and a punt return for a td. Subtract those 3 flukes from the game, and the Colts would eat the Chargers for breakfast. Especially now since they're getting healthy. Also, the 05 game has nothing to do how the Colts and Chargers match up. Tony Dungy's kid killed himself a few days before that game first off, secondly they rested alot of their starters because they already wrapped up the division and the #1 seed for the playoffs. So yeah if they want to take credit for smoking the second and third stringers, more power to them.

Memo to MasterOLightning: I do recall prior to the first regular season game in the NFL, that my sentiments towards the Bears in regards to how good they would be this year were very bleak. Specifically concerning their defense. In light of my opinion, I'd like to give myself a little pat on the back for one statistic that pretty much speaks volumes:

NFL ranking for total defense: Chicago Bears - 28th.
Do recall that pro-bowler Urlacher has been playing with arthritis, pro-bowler Nathan Vasher has missed almost every game, pro-bowler Mike Brown has missed every game since week 1, and pro-bowler Tommie Harris has been very limited by injury. It's reasonable to guess that a team will worsen a little due to age (although the Bears D is not especially old), and suffer somewhat of a Super Bowl losers hangover, but you couldn't have guessed that four pro-bowl players would be severely limited by injury.

Contributing to the team's lack of success is the much improved NFC North, and terrible offensive line play. Grossman has actually shown a lot of improvement the past few weeks, especially considering how poor the O line and RB play has been.

It's been obvious since week 3 or 4 that this team was going to be one and done at best, and more likely in the 6-7 win range. I haven't been talking them up or anything since probably before the year started.

I watched the U.S. womens curling team in the last winter Olympics. Not because I'm interested in curling but because the team captain (Cassie... Johnson? Something like that) was way, way hot.

Well I'm sure the one thing that prohibits most people around here from going to games is $$$. Otherwise I'd have season tickets every year for the Colts. Now that I think about it, I haven't been to a Colts home game in fucking ages. Last game I went to was the 04 Divisional playoff game against the Broncos. Was a blowout and totally worth the $300 thats for sure. I usually going to my buddies house and watch all the games on his 62" Hitachi HD tv. :)

It was a great fight. I'm seriously impressed with Mayweather, he's so damn quick! how can anyone land a clean punch on that man?

Great British support as well, apart from the booing during the American national anthem, that was uncalled for.

Yeah, it just wasnt Hatton weight class, too sluggish, which was a shame. But despite his stupid comments, and loving himself so much, Mayweather is a class act.

Yeah the booing sickens me really, I always respect the nations we play against, but the chavs that watch most English football, and other events such as boxing are just retards.