The Sports Thread

Man, I'm only 28 points behind in fantasy with Brees and Colston left. This'll make my 5th win in a row and second come from behind win against the second placed team set to blow me out if I do win, which I should - especially if Bress and Colston have one of their magic nights :D

I didn't know the Broncos were your "other" team. What caused that? If it was Elway's last two years then I can totally understand that. Even though they are division rivals of the Chargers, I was very happy for him/them that he/they finally went and won the Superbowl.

Its just a family thing. Phins have always been my favourite team since I knew what American football was when I was a bambino. And the Broncos were always my Uncle's favourite team so he'd always go on about them and Elway of course, so I started liking them too. My Dad likes GreenBay but I was never interested so I went with the Broncos instead.

Faith No More- I am a Broncos fan to. yay :D
The Broncos aren't as bad of a team as their record makes them look. I mean, look at the game against Green Bay that the ALMOST won, and there are a few others where they lost in a close game. They are however, inconsistent, have had diffuculties with the controversy over Henry, and have a new starting quarterback, who only started in a few games last year. I think that they show a lot of promise for seasons to come, especially after Cutler has had some time to refine his skills (I think he will come short of being the next Elway though).

And I believe Vick's sentence has been cut down significantly for all of you Falcon fans.

Vick didn't really deserve the sentence he got. I obviously do not condone dogfighting, but if I got caught running an operation I receive a heavy fine but not 23 months in jail.

Mathiäs;6774345 said:
Vick didn't really deserve the sentence he got. I obviously do not condone dogfighting, but if I got caught running an operation I receive a heavy fine but not 23 months in jail.

I would strap that fucker to a wall and disembowel him with a spoon.

:lol: So sad<--click

This is a funny little story someone posted on a Colts blog, I figured you all would love to read it.

Tom Brady, Tony Romo, and Peyton Manning go to Heaven.

God asks Tom Brady first: "What do you believe?" Brady thinks long and hard, looks God in the eye, and says, "I believe in hard work, and in staying true to family and friends. I believe in giving. I always try to do right by my fans."

God can't help but see the essential goodness of Brady, and offers him a seat to his left.

Then God turns to Tony Romo and says, "What do you believe?" Tony says, "I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the fundamentals of life. I've always tried to be a true sportsman, both on and off the playing field."

God is greatly moved by Tony's sincere eloquence, and offers him a seat to his right.

Finally, God turns to Peyton Manning, "And you, Peyton, what do you believe?"

Peyton replies, "I believe you're in my seat."

:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy
060910_colts_giants_vlg9p.widec.jpg

Peyton Manning died and went to the Pearly gates.
St Peter led him to a lovely cottage with a Colts flag on it on a lake.
However Peyton looked across the Lake and saw a Mansion covered by
Patriots flags.
So Peyton complained to St peter that he always knew that God liked Tom Brady better.
"But Peyton," said St. Peter "thats not Tom's house....thats God's House."

Sorry for the phale grammar, I copied it from the internet