The Sports Thread

anyone catch the Pats vs. Steelers game? now admittedly, I'm not a huge sports fan but I've supported The Steelers since I was a kid.

anywho, that game sucked. wasn't it Pats 34 - Steelers 13?

more like The Pittsburgh bums

good one. don't tell me you're a Pats fan. my friend Mike, who's also a steelers fan said he wanted the Pats to lose just so it would wipe the smug grin off Tom Brady's face.

Rowand is a good signing for just about anyone looking for an outfielder, I think. He's certainly not an impact player, but a great team guy. Every club needs guys like him.

There are also rumors that the Yankees could trade Hideki Matsui to the Giants. Word is the Yankees would want Matt Cain for him. Of course I heard that like a week ago, so even if it was really on the table, I suppose it fell through.

Clemens = steroids.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=dw-clemenssteroidsearly121307&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

But LOL at this writer, who comes off as totally butthurt over the whole thing like Clemens just raped his mother.

EDIT: You know what, fuck this writer. Fuck this sensationalist diatribe bullshit. Fuck this personal offense crap. Just report what happened, don't act like the world is caving in on itself because some fucking guy took steroids. And now he wants everybody to give Clemens shit to make up for all of the shit that Bonds has gotten. Yeah, fuck the both of them too and everyone else who's cheated the game in this way, but this writer is just an egocentric little ponce. Yes, I know I'm fucking commenting on the writing style of an article over the actual information provided in the article, but it's just so obnoxious that I can't not say anything.

Well, for reporting/catching it anyway. The cheating is evidently just business as usual, we're just hearing about it now.

I'm really rather disenchanted with commercial sports as a whole right now. It's so tainted with dishonesty and backroom dealings that it makes me question just how authentic anything about the game is.