The Sports Thread

I heard that Zambrano likes to go through the parking lot at Wrigley and punch through car windows between starts.
:lol: What a crybaby. He makes me hate the Cubs even more each time I see him on the mound. Ill never forget when he tried to beam Jim Edmonds. Edmonds gave him the "Im going to fucking slam you if you do that again" look and proceeded to pulverize the ball in left field bleachers.

Epic.

I hate the Giants. Blow a lead in the 8th inning for th billionth time.. WTF are they doing. Bochy needs to be fired.

Now I gotta go mow lawns.

aram ramirez = fuckin CLUTCH

it's pretty interesting, but lou piniella has entirely erased the culture of losing that the cubs are so famous for. These guys expect to win every game and cub fans expect to see a win everytime they go to wrigley field. It was absolutely electrifying yesterday in the 8th inning, 41,000 people on their feet chearing as loudly as possible for the cubs 8th win in their last 9 home games. Felt like a playoff game

almost as epic as this stretch of dominance by the cubbies, about a 70% winning percentage last 40 games including 4 or 5 sweeps in that stretch
Enjoy it while it lasts because Milwaukee is going to destroy the northside faggots in the long run. And don't forget
ring.jpg

something the pathetic Cubby fan's will never see in their lifetime.:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh how I love it.

it's pretty interesting, but lou piniella has entirely erased the culture of losing that the cubs are so famous for.

Yeah, Sweet Lou learned all about winning when he was a Yankee.

So, Alex Rodriguez has 32 jacks this year (four away from 500 career), has been extremley clutch and is playing a very solid third base.

Still think Derrek Lee is as good or better than him, Dave?

lee is hitting .335 with a .420 on base percentage, has been extremely cluch, is on pace for like 60 doubles and has played gold glove defense

the power has been nonexistant so far however, and the power is the only reason that A-rod has been so much better.

With his usual power numbers, Lee = A-rod this year.

So you're saying that if Lee was better at baseball this year, he would be as good as A-Rod?

no, what I am saying is that Lee has been every bit as good (or better) than a-rod in every category except power, which is a huge category, so A-rod is better.

I wouldn't count D lee out though, his last 2 healthy seasons, he averaged 39 homeruns a year. He can still finish the year with 30 - 35 bombs and 110+ rbi. As usual, everything else (.335 avg .421 OBP) is excellent.

I don't know what the fuck is wrong with derek. Cubs would be 4-7 games better right now if lee was performing as usual in the power category.

the cubs as a team have been a massive dissappointment in terms of power. I figured lee, ramirez and soriano would all have 20 bombs by now.