The Sports Thread

I'm just kidding, relax.

I would go nuts as a parent watching that, but very proud! There is another Manning brother that was a damn good athlete as well from what I hear? He had a bone disease or something? Is he o.k now?

EDIT: And I'm not asking you if you care about what the coaches or assistants think about "spy-gating". I'm asking, do you think it has been happening or would you care if you found out that it has happened. I would think as a fan you'd care or it would bother you even more to find out other teams may have done this before, maybe even against your Colts?
Ex. if we found out tomorrow lets say the Chargers have been filming the Raiders or whoever, I would'nt be surprised, but it would bother me being a fan of the League. Don't think I would say "I just don't care"!

He's maybe the most talented to ever play the game. Though, somehow he has been bad in the playoffs pretty much his whole career. He will at least get ya to the playoffs.

Typically, muzmaze is incorrect.

arodplayoffs.jpg

You do realize that that was not at all the point that he was making, right? He was, in fact, responding directly to what muzmaze said about A-Rod being bad in the playoffs for "pretty much his whole career".

And anyone who wouldn't be disgusted to learn that there is an immense amount of illegal spying going on in the NFL either doesn't give a shit about the game or is a piece of shit. I wish that Congress would actually investigate the Patriots and hopefully thereby expose whatever else is going on around the league regarding cheating, because I want that out there and I want something to be done about it.

Shh, I'm trying to make a point. Congress shouldn't handle EVERYTHING that is illegal. I might be inclined to agree that the local governments should handle it, though.

I think we need an NFL thread and a MLB thread. My justification for this is that during the off season for sport X, if sport X fans have something to say, the other sport X fans may not know to join in because they don't have any interest in sport Y and they have not been reading the "Sports" thread.

As for other sports, if there is enough interest, they can make a "sports/other" thread which will constantly be dying off and disappearing.

Who's with me?

Did they violate any Federal statutes?

I'm sure they did. Which is why some want to investigate. They may also have lied, which is also a federal offense.

I think we need an NFL thread and a MLB thread. My justification for this is that during the off season for sport X, if sport X fans have something to say, the other sport X fans may not know to join in because they don't have any interest in sport Y and they have not been reading the "Sports" thread.

As for other sports, if there is enough interest, they can make a "sports/other" thread which will constantly be dying off and disappearing.

Who's with me?

no

I wouldn't know, but Congress has in the past gone after entertainment industries that lied to the public, and the same could be argued here.

yes

I wouldn't know, but Congress has in the past gone after entertainment industries that lied to the public, and the same could be argued here.

I'm sure they did. Which is why some want to investigate. They may also have lied, which is also a federal offense.

So, since they lied to the public, that would constitute fraud? I don't know how the Federal guidelines would word it. Fraud might be a more serious offense.

That was 4+ years ago. Just because he was clutch in the past doesn't mean he'll always be.

Well I'm pretty sure that 4+ years ago still counts as part of his career, bud.

I was not in any way trying to prove that he is "clutch" (even though he is extremely good in close-and-late situations. Better than Ortiz, even). What I was saying- which should be abundantly obvious- is that the claim that he has been bad in the post season for his whole career is obviously false.

You do realize that that was not at all the point that he was making, right? He was, in fact, responding directly to what muzmaze said about A-Rod being bad in the playoffs for "pretty much his whole career".

And anyone who wouldn't be disgusted to learn that there is an immense amount of illegal spying going on in the NFL either doesn't give a shit about the game or is a piece of shit. I wish that Congress would actually investigate the Patriots and hopefully thereby expose whatever else is going on around the league regarding cheating, because I want that out there and I want something to be done about it.

Good fucking post!

I'm curious because I really don't know:

Why should Congress have a say in what goes on in the NFL?

Congress has a say in anything that is illegal.

Shh, I'm trying to make a point. Congress shouldn't handle EVERYTHING that is illegal. I might be inclined to agree that the local governments should handle it, though.

The reason why Congress can and will investigate this themselves is because the NFL plays in PUBLIC venues/stadiums. They are not privately owned by a franchise or the league itself. Not only that, but Congress looks at the NFL just like any other corporation. If there is shady business going on, and the big dawgs at the top aren't handling it right, then they have all the reason in the world to investigate it to make sure this isn't going to be a problem.

Well I'm pretty sure that 4+ years ago still counts as part of his career, bud.

I was not in any way trying to prove that he is "clutch" (even though he is extremely good in close-and-late situations. Better than Ortiz, even). What I was saying- which should be abundantly obvious- is that the claim that he has been bad in the post season for his whole career is obviously false.

I have two words to people who are using that whole "A-rod chokes in the playoffs," or "he's just a regular season player."

PEYTON MANNING

Once A-rod comes to grips with the fact that the NY media, and the national media do not control his abilities on the field, his true talent will come out. It's just a matter of time.