The Sports Thread

90% of Pats fans are bandwagoners.

Maybe thats a percentage across the country of fans who jump on, you'll get that more with Sox fans who are all over the world. NO WAY IS IT FANS FROM OUR AREA, they live and die with all 4- teams! Christ, it pained me to see the NE Revolution soccer team doing thier Buffalo Bills imitation, 0-4 in title games.

Its the fans that show up late, leave early, sip thier martinis and eat sushi and all that crap. You'll never get that in Boston, NY, Chicago etc.

Nope, and you even kinda corrected yourself in a later post.
Show me all the stats you want, A-rod is not that clutch in the playoffs. He will get ya there, hitting 3- hr's and 8 rbi's in June is great, but in the late innings in playoff games when you need a big hit, this amazing talent has failed repeatedly to deliver. Everyones production goes down in the playoffs, you are facing better pitching, I just think with his talent and star-power he should be doing much better. He is tighter than a snare-drum in the playoffs, he just needs to relax.

Uh, no? What the fuck are you on, buddy? I have never once tried to characterize A-Rod as being "clutch" in the playoffs. I merely corrected your erroneous claim that he has never performed well in the playoffs. That is incorrect, as is shown by the stats. There's no debating it. He has been good in the playoffs. Why is this so hard for you? Because you epitomize "homer"? I think so.

homer.jpg

Uh, no? What the fuck are you on, buddy? I have never once tried to characterize A-Rod as being "clutch" in the playoffs. I merely corrected your erroneous claim that he has never performed well in the playoffs. That is incorrect, as is shown by the stats. There's no debating it. He has been good in the playoffs. Why is this so hard for you? Because you epitomize "homer"? I think so.

Maybe I misunderstood you or someone else, chill out?
How am I being a homer? Being a homer by not liking a Yankee player? Bull, I was thrilled when they damn near signed him (Sox) awhile back and wished they did, and I like and respect many Yankee guys. I'll take him on my team in a second, he will atleast carry you into the playoffs. I am simply saying he has'nt been that clutch in the playoffs or performed better than capable. He might have good numbers but thats not neccesarily what I'm talking about.

How am I being a homer? Being a homer by not liking a Yankee player?
By making false claims about a Yankees player and not backing down when they are proven false.

Bull, I was thrilled when they damn near signed him (Sox) awhile back and wished they did.

Well obviously.

I am simply saying he has'nt been clutch in the playoffs

Again, if you mean since 2005, you're right, but no one is debating that.

And, plus, that he hasn't been "clutch" was not your original statement. Your original statement was that he had never been good in the playoffs.

He might have good numbers but thats not neccesarily what I'm talking about.

Well then just what are you talking about? Unless you want to debate the validity of stats (which I doubt. Call me crazy but you don't strike me as a guy who's into sabermetrics.), you're talking nonsense.

Did you read my last post? I tried to explain were I was coming from. Your stats were obviously valid and I agree. I think we can agree though that stats can be tricky and deceiving esp in baseball when relating to being clutch. Ex. hitting a 3 run hr when your already leading 7-2 as opposed to needing a 3 run homer late in a tie playoff game. Being clutch in the end is what I was talking about.

Exactly, I don't get it.
Yeah, and making a false claim (in my eyes I did'nt) about a player who I dislike but can appreciate and then having to back down, WTF is that...it ain't happening.
Does it always have to be so tight assed 24/7 around here? My team is the one that just lost for Christ sakes, maybe its me still being in shock and not thinking clearly.:)