The Sports Thread

I'm not disrespecting anyone.
Let me show you why I think Peyton will be the best QB ever:

1. Infinite amount of records? Check.
2. Invented a completely unique style of QB play (like all of the rest of the greats)? Check.
3. Won a championship? Check.

You are disrespecting those QB's, just because you think Peyton will be better when he is finished does not mean he has accomplished as much and can be compared to those greats QB's at this time. You could make the argument and I agree that guys like Marino, Moon, Manning are the best pure passers ever. Just because other past QBs have less pure passing qualities does not mean they still weren't good passers and they should be recognized for being better as a leader, playoff perfomer, handling pressure etc. There are some that do have that over Marino, Manning etc.
Have some QBs benefited from being on great teams, absolutely. Peytons had some great teams as well though.

Invented a style? Thats stretching it a bit.

One championship? If he is so great, perform better in past playoffs and maybe he would have a few titles. Bottom line-fair or unfair, he will have to win more SB's to be considered the greatest of all time.

In your own words "Peyton will be the best ever"? I think he just might be the best someday but we are not talking about that. I'm talking about what these great QB's have accomplished up to this point. No matter the teams, systems, weaknesses, strengths both Brady and Manning are really good and have had the chance to succeed in the playoffs.
Overall to this point in the playoffs Brady has accomplished more with what he's had than Manning has. Its a fact and the records and numbers prove it, its not taking away from Manning or his abilities which I've never done. Why is it so hard to give Brady props for what he has done, like him or not?
Who will be the greatest when they are finished is not the point and is an argument for a later day.

oh snap, when did that happen?

And why do you want to be banned Life Sucks?
I agree that I kind of deserve to be banned for shooting my mouth of about the Pats. I have my roommate to thank for part of it. He knows more about stats and stuff than anyone I know, so I trusted his view, allowing him to solidify my false belief that the Pats are invincible. Believe me, I understand very well how someone can hate the Pats, even though I am a fan.

You are disrespecting those QB's, just because you think Peyton will be better when he is finished does not mean he has accomplished as much and can be compared to those greats QB's at this time. You could make the argument and I agree that guys like Marino, Moon, Manning are the best pure passers ever. Just because other past QBs have less pure passing qualities does not mean they still weren't good passers and they should be recognized for being better as a leader, playoff perfomer, handling pressure etc. There are some that do have that over Marino, Manning etc.
Have some QBs benefited from being on great teams, absolutely. Peytons had some great teams as well though.

Invented a style? Thats stretching it a bit.

One championship? If he is so great, perform better in past playoffs and maybe he would have a few titles. Bottom line-fair or unfair, he will have to win more SB's to be considered the greatest of all time.

In your own words "Peyton will be the best ever"? I think he just might be the best someday but we are not talking about that. I'm talking about what these great QB's have accomplished up to this point. No matter the teams, systems, weaknesses, strengths both Brady and Manning are really good and have had the chance to succeed in the playoffs.
Overall to this point in the playoffs Brady has accomplished more with what he's had than Manning has. Its a fact and the records and numbers prove it, its not taking away from Manning or his abilities which I've never done. Why is it so hard to give Brady props for what he has done, like him or not?
Who will be the greatest when they are finished is not the point and is an argument for a later day.

The one thing you just can't seem to comprehend is that Brady isn't the only person on his team; hence the word team. Stop, please, for the love of god saying "Brady won 3 titles, Peyton only won 1," because that just isn't a fact. The Patriots have won 3 championships. And if you want to be technical about it, like I've said before, Vinatieri won those 3 Super Bowls.

Basing a QBs career solely off of how many titles his team has won is completely absurd. As I stated earlier, Dan Marino is the best pure quarterback to ever play in the NFL, period. However, when Peyton is finished, he will indeed have trumped everything Dan Marino has ever done and has a nice little Super Bowl victory to be the cherry on top, fulfilling his excellent career. Brady has done nothing special in his entire career outside of this past year. And if you were to actually look a little furthor into the details, you'll realize that Manning's '04 season is far superior to what Brady did, and he didn't have to force a shit ton of his passes to achieve that mark. Peyton could have easily thrown 55+ tds that season, but he didn't, and honestly it doesn't matter.

Yes he invented a completely unique style of quarterback play. Why do you think he didn't?

holy shit this is the worst injury i've seen watching a hockey game. Zednik had surgery and is in stable condition.

img00200go0.jpg

That's not the first time so much blood was spilled on Buffalo ice.

Last edited by a moderator:
violence is so uplifting.

doesn't compare to some other sports...

god I want to go skiing now...

Last edited by a moderator: