The Sports Thread

Look, if I was to teach my son the tools and methods of how to throw a football and be a Quarterback, I would show him a Peyton Manning video. If I was to show him a gritty "clutch" QB in the playoffs? To start with I would show him a video of Montana, Brady, Favre, Young.

You sure about that? I'd be a little hesitant in showing my kid the clutchness displayed by a QB on "the greatest offense of all time" who subsequently laid a big fat turd in the biggest game of his life.

Absolutely sure!
Brady, he played ok giving the total lack of support from his offensive line and givin the onslaught brought on by the impressive Giants defensive line. He at least got them in the endzone on his final drive. I'm sure Peyton would've had about 3-picks and would not have sniffed the endzone in the end against that defense.

Regardless, don't forget to show your kids Brady's performance in his three SB wins, regardless if he laid a turd in the last one-in which he did'nt. That will show a whole lot more than what Peyton has shown.

Actually, the only reason Brady has 3 rings is because of the Vinatieri. You should be worshipping him instead. Last I checked, the Colts pretty much dominated the Bears in their Super Bowl, 29-17 remember?

Actually, the only reason Brady has 3 rings is because of the Vinatieri. You should be worshipping him instead. Last I checked, the Colts pretty much dominated the Bears in their Super Bowl, 29-17 remember?

Don't worry, Vinateri will be worshipped and will not have to buy a drink or meal in this town for the rest of his life.

If you or anyone else (all the haters) do not recognize that Brady has been the most important part to thier 3-sb titles, then you are completely blinded by your hatred and lack of football knowledge.
Last I checked Peytons one and only win was against the overated Bears led by Rex Grossman, in him even the Bears fans look upon and shriek. Still 1-SB's to 3-SB's, look at the stats, intangibles, overall performance and the results, its not even close.

Don't worry, Vinateri will be worshipped and will not have to buy a drink or meal in this town for the rest of his life.

If you or anyone else (all the haters) do not recognize that Brady has been the most important part to thier 3-sb titles, then you are completely blinded by your hatred and lack of football knowledge.
Last I checked Peytons one and only win was against the overated Bears led by Rex Grossman, in him even the Bears fans look upon and shriek. Still 1-SB's to 3-SB's, look at the stats, intangibles, overall performance and the results, its not even close.

You're right, Peyton is better than Brady, it's pretty obvious.

Though its reasonable, forget the hypothetical.
Go on the merits of success, titles and importance to thier teams. Bradys v Mannings playoff / QB success is advantage Brady to this point.

You're right, Peyton is better than Brady, it's pretty obvious.

That is a lame and inacurate reply to my post.
You are obviously blinded and cant' recognize QB production in the playoffs.
This one was over on tko a while ago!

When Peyton has accomplished a bit more- then we can continue this discussion. Until then let it go.

What else does he have to accomplish? He has more records than your boy Brady. By the time he retires he'll have every fucking record imaginable. That 50 tds Brady threw isn't near as impressive as what Peyton did in '04. It's not hard to score a shit ton of tds when you just throw bombs to Randy Moss, not to mention all the garbage tds he threw when they were done beating people down and pissing in their mouths. Oh and did I mention that Peyton threw 49 tds in SIX LESS QUARTERs? I didn't, my bad. And ultimately, the one thing that matters most. The one thing that puts him over the hump of the greatest (for now) QB of all time (Dan Marino), is that he has won a Championship.

What else does he have to accomplish? He has more records than your boy Brady. By the time he retires he'll have every fucking record imaginable. That 50 tds Brady threw isn't near as impressive as what Peyton did in '04. It's not hard to score a shit ton of tds when you just throw bombs to Randy Moss, not to mention all the garbage tds he threw when they were done beating people down and pissing in their mouths. Oh and did I mention that Peyton threw 49 tds in SIX LESS QUARTERs? I didn't, my bad. And ultimately, the one thing that matters most. The one thing that puts him over the hump of the greatest (for now) QB of all time (Dan Marino), is that he has won a Championship.

Montana?

Peyton dealt without the benefit of a defense for the majority of his career. That will most definitely derail a super bowl run.

Exactly. The main reason the Colts finally fucking made it to the Super Bowl is because their defense decided to get off their knees and didn't blow the fuckin games. However, in the AFCCG, that shit was all Peyton.

Could we just shut the fuck up about this? Let's move on to something other than the Colts and/or the Pats

Don't be jealous that we can't even toss any Bengals players in these discussions. :p