The Sports Thread

I guess the Cowboys think they're good enough to stand pat and not add anyone. You know, because we like 1st round exits. We wouldn't want to try and make Texas Stadium's last season a special one or anything, so let's not go after any big time free agents... I hate sports at the moment.

A 35 year old who only played in 8 games last year, and has a good possibility of not making the team at a position that wasn't even in the top 10 of our biggest needs. I like the signing because it's low risk/high reward, but MLB was not a need for us. We need 2 CBs, a WR, RB, and I personally think we need a DE. None of these needs were filled. That, to me, is a joke. They need to fill one of the first 3 needs in FA, and the only way I can see them doing that is by getting Asamogha (not spelled right, but he played for the Raiders) and I haven't heard about any discussions between the 2 parties.

This is the most depressing post of my life, deep down i believe favre is the 2nd coming of jesus. he was one of the greatest quarter backs ever. I didn't see this coming at all, and it sickens me when i think about how his career ended. He's a great role model for anybody, his heart is bigger than the entire state of wisconsin. I'll miss seeing you on the field brett favre, no game in green bay will ever be played the same again.

R.I.P Brett favres career

Randy Moss has re-signed with the Patriots for three more years.

The Pats are in decline anyways.

lol at Ben Roethlisberger's ridiculous 8 year $102,000,000 contract. I'm glad the Steelers have finally actually made a commitment on a player for once. Too bad they lost Faneca though...

They couldn't sign Faneca because of Roethlisberger, which is kind of funny because the Steeler's o-line was pretty mediocre last season.

Mathiäs;7028249 said:
The Pack don't draft for need anyway, so that wouldn't be a problem. The GM drafts the best player avaliable.

That's pretty stupid of him.

After all the guys the Bears have lost and the Rex Grossman effect still in play, I wouldn't count on it.
I think the Packers will win 10 games next year, Aaron Rodgers is going to be a quality starting quarterback, and they do have a very good defense. Don't forget that they also have a potential 1500 yard running back in Ryan Grant too.

That's pretty stupid of him.

Well considering the success he's had, I think he knows more about it than you do. The Packers are strong at every position. Of course they draft for need, but in later rounds. And I think the Pack will be get around 10-13 wins. Rodgers will start off kind of slow, but Grant will carry them until Rodgers finds himself. The only concern is his potential for injury.

I hope they draft Colt Brennan