The Sports Thread

golden state choked big time. dallas still has to win two more

Dallas almost choked, is what happened. I don't know, I don't really think that we're going to be able to pull it out, but they still have my support... I fucking hate being a Dallas sports fan, nothing but disappointment. The Cowboys suck, that Mav-wrecks fuck up every year, the Rangers are shit, and I don't particularly care about the Stars. We win in Arena football! :rolleyes:

How'd the Yankees do THE OTHER FIVE GAMES. Julian Tavarez beat the Yankees.

We're not talking about the other five games (which the Yankees blew like a prom date). We're talking about our respective Jap pitchers here, buddy. Dice-K did not do well against the Yankees, Igawa trounced the Sawx. Julian Tavarez selling his soul to the devil and beating the Yankees (and Wang and Pettite forgetting how to pitch) doesn't enter into it.

Good news is, the Yankees apparently read me post from before and earlier today fired the new conditioning guy. :kickass:

I made this for my Dad because he hated Kevin Millar.
millar2.jpg

Now he hates Julio Lugo. He's always has to have one scapegoat on the team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/05/02/yankees.trainer/index.html

Jon Heyman said:
The Yankees fired first-year strength and conditioning coach Marty Miller on Wednesday, on the heels of yet another hamstring injury to one of their players.

Right-hander Philip Hughes was throwing a no-hitting against the Rangers on Tuesday when he went down with a hamstring injury that will sideline him four to six weeks. In addition to Hughes, pitchers Chien-Ming Wang and Mike Mussina and outfielder Hideki Matsui also have missed time this season due to an assortment of muscle pulls and strains. Johnny Damon has been slowed by a back problems.

Cashman, who hired Miller last offseason to replace Jeff Mangold, made the determination on Wednesday morning. Cashman called George Steinbrenner, who signed off on the decision.

Though the rash of similar injuries possibly could be explained by bad luck, Cashman determined that cause and effect could not be ruled out. Sources say Miller's methods were not popular with the Yankees, and the players were in near-revolt over the situation. Miller's approach included a de-emphasis of running as a way to build leg strength.

No mention of the white sox lately...probably cause they're gonna dominate even more so when Thome,Podsednik,and Dye are 100%healthy. Id be scared too...

No mention of the white sox lately...probably cause they're gonna dominate even more so when Thome,Podsednik,and Dye are 100%healthy. Id be scared too...

uh who exactly are they dominating with a 4 game losing streak and a team average of like .220? (I don't think anybody on the cubs starting lineup is even below .250)

Ahhh the never ending Cub/Sox debate has just begun...its still early in the season, so just sit back and watch cause the schedule is cake for us the next month.
...and remember: Sox have 9 fingers left
what do you guys have?