The Sports Thread

holy fuck! what is going on in new york?

yankees and mariners have scored 20 runs in less than half of a game :OMG:

this game could end with a football type 24-17 score :lol:

I can't stand it when that shit happens. Football and basketball scores for baseball games just really piss me off.

Oh and... C'mon Mets!

Decided to check out the Sabres/Rangers game, Sabers scored with 7.7 seconds left in the third to send the game into OT:kickass:

It happens. It kind of sucks, but I really don't mind those kinds of games. Unless it's back-and-forth, they're usually really boring.

Low scoring games rock, though. It's not even a debate.

Oh, and a prediction: Someday, I'm not saying anytime soon, but someday, Chien-Ming Wang will throw a perfect game... with 27 pitches.

Red Sox W 2-0
Yankees L 15-11

Kind of sums up the season so far doesn't it?

Yeah. Of course it's only May. The Red Sox, of course, lead the whole division by 6.5 (everyone else is tied), which has really been their MO the past few years. Man, if the playoffs were decided in the first two monthes, the Red Sox would be like the Yankees.

You know, Bob Ryan (Boston Globe) did a great interview where he talked about how Boston fans are ruining the rivalry, and he was pretty much dead-on.

Anyway, I'm going to the game today and the Yank's should win. Chien-Ming Wang VS. Jeff Weaver. Hopefully Wang will get himself back on track, and hopefully Weaver continues to be horrible. Motherfucker had absolutley no business coming back to the American League. Stupid, stupid.

...Of course, Julian Tavarez beat Wang, so you never know.

once he starts hitting for power (and you know he will), derek lee is the best player in baseball. Now hitting almost .420, on base of around .500. Cubs are rolling, having won 6 of 7. They should sweep this series and move to 1 over .500

As for baseball... the season is young. Really young.

I've been watching a lot of Premiership football lately. I was actually quite pleased that West Ham beat Bolton 3-1. Fun game to watch. Liverpool, though, are my boys.

Man, I'm so glad I don't have to read this crap in the other threads now. Thank god for the subforum.

(Note: I realise I'm just trolling here, so I'll shut up now.)

Decided to check out the Sabres/Rangers game, Sabers scored with 7.7 seconds left in the third to send the game into OT:kickass:

I'm glad Buffalo won. I like their team, and last year they were my prediction to win the Cup quite a while before the season ended. Though I've got nothing against the Rangers - I just want Buffalo to win so Ottawa's chances of going to finals aren't as great...yeah you heard it, I'm Canadian and I hate the Ottawa Senators.

I just want the Sabres to win the cup because I feel bad for all my relatives living so many years of torture as Buffalo sports fans.

Chien-Ming Wang!

How about that! He had a perfect game going into the 8th with one out before Ben Broussard hit a homerun. So close. Even though he didn't do it, it's still a pretty big accomplishment. Awesome game today, overall.

My Father normally doesn't come to the games with us, just because he usually has things to do on the weekends. Today he came along, which was cool since he insists on paying for everyone's food. I went to sit down while he hit up the concession stand, and he asked me what I wanted.
"Two dogs and a coke." By this, I meant regular sized hot dogs. My older brother asked for a foot long, so my Dad just assumed I also wanted footlongs, so he get's back from the concession stand and hands me two footlong hot dogs.

Well, I took this is as a challenge. I almost did it, too. I gave up with about four inches left on the second one.

that's only happened once in his career, what makes you think it will happen again?

Because he's a Cub and the Cubs simply can't catch a break. I'm also kidding, though I do think you're a little too high on Lee.

cubs win yesterday even though they played pretty shitty as a team. Only 8 hits against a very mediocre pitching staff.

going for the sweep today and should either sweep or win 2/3 versus pittsburg

hopefully be 5 - 10 games over .500 at the end of may.