The Sports Thread

I was just thinking about that before I entered this thread. I'd rather see the Yankees inch up the Wild Card than the AL East standings. I really hope the Mariners can grab that wild card from the Yankees. It's about time those assholes miss the playoffs.

I actually returned to sanity once I realized The Yankees have 7 more games against the Tigers left.

Yeah, that has the potential to be brutal. I'd love to be able to put a postive spin on it somehow, but all I can come up with is "well, the Yankees have owned the tigers for the last few years". That isn't a very good argument, seeing as A: The Tigers are a whole hell of a lot better than they've been for a long, long time and B: They are better than they were when they kicked the Yankees ass in the ALDS last year.

Hey, you never know. As a Yankee fan, I can't help but feel insanley confident in all situations (unless Damon is at the plate. Fucking Boston spy I swear to God).

I am going to about 10 cub games in september. Fuckin' awesome!

I've already been to 11 Yankee games this season, and I will likely make it to at least five more, including one at Camden Yards.

Yeah, that has the potential to be brutal. I'd love to be able to put a postive spin on it somehow, but all I can come up with is "well, the Yankees have owned the tigers for the last few years". That isn't a very good argument, seeing as A: The Tigers are a whole hell of a lot better than they've been for a long, long time and B: They are better than they were when they kicked the Yankees ass in the ALDS last year.

Hey, you never know. As a Yankee fan, I can't help but feel insanley confident in all situations (unless Damon is at the plate. Fucking Boston spy I swear to God).
As a Red Sox fan I cannot help being insanely confident that the Yankees will win the division either :(. Even the thought of a myriad of games against Tampa Bay, most of which will happen after they trade away their meager resources can only give me slight comfort.

Damon is dead to Boston, btw. Your fears are unfounded.

I'm convinced that one of these day's, Damon will go "Ha-ha!" and tear off his Yankees uniform to reveal a Red Sox uniform, then pull off a rubber mask and reveal that his still has the long hair and beard.

:
:
:
chargers.gif

:
:
: