The Sports Thread

i disagree. art isn't like sport, cuz sport is more instinct than felling, but i think it's so hard to you understand.

you can't compaire mozart, monet or picasso with jordan, maradona or tiger woods. would be an heresy.

Yes you can.

Also, please don't assume that I do not understand what you are trying to convey. I do completely and it is totally wrong.

Sports involve a lot more feeling than you're saying. Why would you play a sport that you show talent in if you don't love doing it? Same goes for music.

dude, you are wrong. on sports, you must be the best every time, but on arts, you just need show how do you feel yourself

@ender rises: why do you hate to agree with me?

Being the best doesn't matter. There are tons of people in baseball that aren't the best, but why do they keep playing? They love playing. You need to have passion to play a sport, otherwise it's going to be boring. The same goes with the arts.

Being the best doesn't matter. There are tons of people in baseball that aren't the best, but why do they keep playing? They love playing. You need to have passion to play a sport, otherwise it's going to be boring. The same goes with the arts.

dude, it's a general aspect of the life... you must have passion to live too, or it's going to be boring too.

you can't use passion to equal both

I don't really feel like re-reading the last page to figure out why sports and art are being compared, but I find that comparison pretty ludicrous. You do not convey concepts and ideals through playing sports. It's a game, with preset rules, that you attempt to win. In art, the scope of the artist's goal(s) is pretty much limitless.

Ok...sports aren't important, pertaining to what exactly? They are a form of entertainment, just like music. Besides, didn't you used to sport a spiffy looking Bengals avatar?

And concerning the Mike quote, I don't think he was meant to be taken seriously. He used to play sports in high school anyways.

I know. He used to play soccer and was apparently really good at it. I think he played tennis as well.

He said that in between songs when I saw them live. I forget how he started, but he ended with that quote.

Another F1 victory for Hamilton. About time England had a decent F1 driver... shame he's such a fag.

Also, Rovers kicked Preston's arse in a pre-season friendly 3-0 the other day, big man Samba got a double, get in my son! Good signs for the impending season methinks (if I forget that we also lost to Huddersfield in another friendly).