The Sports Thread

So sports.

I thought this was pretty cool, especially on a day that the Yankees and Red Sox were both on the road.

(http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/07/29/bc.bbo.attendancerecord.ap/index.html)

Associated Press said:
NEW YORK (AP) -- Major League Baseball set its attendance record for a single day, drawing 717,478 fans for 17 games Saturday.

Boosted by a pair of day-night doubleheaders, baseball broke the previous mark of 640,412, set when 17 games were played on July 3, 1999.

Baseball is averaging 32,258 per game through Saturday, up 4.4 percent from last year, and is on track to break the record average of 31,632 set in 1994.

CHILDRENGRINDER: READ THIS.

I just read your whole discussion, and I have to say that you are one stupid motherfucker. You really, really are, and it isn't just your poor english.

stop to offend me, please. you must grow up to have a good conversation, and i'm not talking about how old you are.

Keep in mind here that I am not a big fan of American football, and yet even I can see clearly why people here love it so much. You have shown that you truley don't get it. "Here you catch the ball and run" is only one of the offensive strategies employed in football. Not only is American Football is highly complex game, but the guys playing it are fucking massive, ridiculously strong, and they fucking destroy each other. By the way, the American Football is also played in Canada and Europe.

in your words, american football looks like a primitive competition that doesn't have a big objective, cuz the players just show how strong and fast they are, so, who likes to watch it must be gay.

We don't like soccer here for a few reasons. The biggest reason is that it isn't ours. The most popular sports in American are the ones that started here, like Football, Baseball and NASCAR.

if it's true, this is the most stupid pride that i've heard, cuz here we pratice all sports, and all sports have an importance.

Football and Baseball are also the two most popular team sports here because they are both very complex games. People can watch baseball for their entire lives and still not understand some of the subtleties of the game. Baseball is difficult to get into, but once you start to understand the game, it becomes exciting.

complex??? :lol: nothing played with the hands is more complex than a sport played with the foot

Soccer isn't our game, so that's strike one. Strike two, it is not a very complex game- having to employ strategy does not make a game complex, just so you know (ALL sports and games require strategy); the objest of the game is still simplistic (kick the ball into the net). And strike three: Soccer is for little girls.

i have to say that you have a small mind and a short vision.

soccer is the most important sport of the world, cuz it's complex, competitive, needs a special technics and it movements a big part of the money of the world.

little gilrs don't play american football and baseball cuz gays don't let they do it. they (gays) wouldn't accept it.

stop to offend me, please. you must grow up to have a good conversation, and i'm not talking about how old you are.

I only called you stupid because you pretty much are.

in your words, american football looks like a primitive competition that doesn't have a big objective, cuz the players just show how strong and fast they are, so, who likes to watch it must be gay.

This is a fucking ridiculous statement. The entire purpose of sports is to display ones physical abilities, you feeb.

if it's true, this is the most stupid pride that i've heard, cuz here we pratice all sports, and all sports have an importance.

Every culture on earth has it's own traditions and passtimes. That includes sports. Do you think it's stupid for the Japanese to enjoy Sumo? Football and Baseball are sports that are important to our culture. Soccer is not. And if you think all sports are important (which I don't, by the way), then why are you sitting there trying to rip apart American Football, you hypocritcal shit?

complex??? :lol: nothing played with the hands is more complex than a sport played with the foot

I do not believe that anyone could actually say this and not be joking, drunk or completley fucking retarded.

i have to say that you have a small mind and a short vision.

Preffering other (better) sports over soccer does not make one "small minded", and again you are contradicting yourself, seeing as you believe all sports are important, and all. You're also giving Soccer- and sports, in general- way too much credit for thinking someone is "small minded" because they like different sports than you do. Oh, and I am quite near-sighted, though I'm not sure what that has to do with this.

soccer is the most important sport of the world, cuz it's complex, competitive, needs a special technics and it movements a big part of the money of the world.

Whoa, so soccer is competitive and needs special techniques, huh? And I'll bet it also got rules and uniforms and stuff. You just described every sport in the world, pal. All sports require special techniques. All sports are competitive (surpris!), and most sports have a degree of complexity. Complexity is where soccer is lacking when compared to Football, and especially Baseball.

little gilrs don't play american football and baseball cuz gays don't let they do it. they (gays) wouldn't accept it.

Oh, so that's it.

sweet, its working, you sir are a nincompoop!

hockey crushes all!, except for the overweight baseball players, who obviously would crush all (literally)

This is a fucking ridiculous statement. The entire purpose of sports is to display ones physical abilities, you feeb.

WTF? what's physical abilities without technics??? i just know one sport where the player doesn't need any technics: AMERICAN FOOTBALL.

Every culture on earth has it's own traditions and passtimes. That includes sports. Do you think it's stupid for the Japanese to enjoy Sumo? Football and Baseball are sports that are important to our culture. Soccer is not. And if you think all sports are important (which I don't, by the way), then why are you sitting there trying to rip apart American Football, you hypocritcal shit?

1º)japaneses enjoys more soccer than sumo.

2º)i'm not trying to disregard american football. 'im trying to show that soccer is more important, more difficult and more interesting than american footbal. just it.

I do not believe that anyone could actually say this and not be joking, drunk or completley fucking retarded.

try to play soccer and you'll understand what i'm talking

Preffering other (better) sports over soccer does not make one "small minded", and again you are contradicting yourself, seeing as you believe all sports are important, and all. You're also giving Soccer- and sports, in general- way too much credit for thinking someone is "small minded" because they like different sports than you do. Oh, and I am quite near-sighted, though I'm not sure what that has to do with this.

you are a small mind cuz you can't understand how difficult soccer is.

Whoa, so soccer is competitive and needs special techniques, huh? And I'll bet it also got rules and uniforms and stuff. You just described every sport in the world, pal. All sports require special techniques. All sports are competitive (surpris!), and most sports have a degree of complexity. Complexity is where soccer is lacking when compared to Football, and especially Baseball.

american football doesn't need special technics... just power and speed. especially to attack.

american football doesn't need special technics... just power and speed. especially to attack.

uh... agility, quickness, balance (especially for O - linemen), vision, intelligence (especially for safeties and quaterbacks), etc... etc... etc....

The average NFL quaterback has to memorize something like 200 plays for each game I believe.

2º)i'm not trying to disregard american football. 'im trying to show that soccer is more important, more difficult and more interesting than american footbal. just it.

try to play soccer and you'll understand what i'm talking

you are a small mind cuz you can't understand how difficult soccer is.

You really have no idea what you're talking about at all. No idea.