The Sports Thread

CHILDRENGRINDER: READ THIS.

I just read your whole discussion, and I have to say that you are one stupid motherfucker. You really, really are, and it isn't just your poor english.

Keep in mind here that I am not a big fan of American football, and yet even I can see clearly why people here love it so much. You have shown that you truley don't get it. "Here you catch the ball and run" is only one of the offensive strategies employed in football. Not only is American Football is highly complex game, but the guys playing it are fucking massive, ridiculously strong, and they fucking destroy each other. By the way, the American Football is also played in Canada and Europe.

We don't like soccer here for a few reasons. The biggest reason is that it isn't ours. The most popular sports in American are the ones that started here, like Football, Baseball and NASCAR. Football and Baseball are also the two most popular team sports here because they are both very complex games. People can watch baseball for their entire lives and still not understand some of the subtleties of the game. Baseball is difficult to get into, but once you start to understand the game, it becomes exciting.

Soccer isn't our game, so that's strike one. Strike two, it is not a very complex game- having to employ strategy does not make a game complex, just so you know (ALL sports and games require strategy); the objest of the game is still simplistic (kick the ball into the net). And strike three: Soccer is for little girls.

Nikki: Do you work with the Phillies / for CB Park or something?

Classic up your own arse American attitude.

I didn't say that it's the reason I don't like soccer. I simply stated the fact that people here would rather watch sports that originated here. And why the fuck do you care? You fucking Europeans just love to bitch and moan us for anything. We don't like your sport. Get over it. We certainly don't give a shit that you don't like our sports.

I guess you play it then.

Nah. See, I'm a 21 year old man and not a little girl. Oh, and next time you want to really burn someone, try to not reference The Big Book of Elementary School Insults. I feel like a seven year old just tried to rip me.

I love American football. But BASEBALL has to be the gayest sport ever created.

We certainly don't give a shit that you don't like our sports.

Yeah thats the problem, its not the right thread but Americans (the majority) dont seem to care about anything, thats why you guys cant fight and win a war. Because you dont give a shit about the people so you can never be successful. Win the Hearts and Minds folks. Much love xxxx

oh, and plenty of americans watch soccer. soccer IS a complex sport, too complex for americans. i mean, seriously, americans think beckhams primary role is to score goals. RE-TARDED.

and third, who you calling a little girl, you little girl!
~gR~

hah, you got beat by the french!

anyways, i'm in love with the norwegian women's team. well, i love norwegian women in general. but i never understood why they have a team. i mean, its like jamaica having a bobsled team.

i'm not complaining though
~gR~

oh, and plenty of americans watch soccer. soccer IS a complex sport, too complex for americans. i mean, seriously, americans think beckhams primary role is to score goals. RE-TARDED.

I'm sure there are "plenty" of Americans who watch soccer. There are also plenty of Americans who watch competative earing, curling and log rolling. Doesn't make it relevant to the American sports scene. The fact that soccer is a C-List sport in this country isn't really open to debate, so I can't imagine why you're trying to argue it.

Just for the record, I have, in fact, watched Proffesional soccer before. I watched a couple of games during the last World Cup and it was mildly entertaining. If you want to try and explain how soccer is more complex than baseball, you can go ahead and try because I need a good laugh.

o_O

Whatever you say bad boy.

Revolution, War of 1812.

Yeah thats the problem, its not the right thread but Americans (the majority) dont seem to care about anything, thats why you guys cant fight and win a war. Because you dont give a shit about the people so you can never be successful. Win the Hearts and Minds folks. Much love xxxx

This statement pretty retarded. If I were you I'd stop talking to avoid looking like a complete idiot.

No buddy its true, and turning a blind eye to it is pretty retarded. Im not blaming you, but those in power, or military command. They're the ones that think, 'hmmm how do we win this war.......Oh! I know, lets bomb the living shit out of them!!' 'Great plan General Dickface!'