The Sports Thread

I'm tired and think soccer sucks. It is nothing but a communist girls sport.

This is ironic because my sister's fiancee is a soccer nut and actually plays on a semi-pro team.

I don't really think people can judge how 'realistic' a video game is (something like Counter-Strike, let's say) simply because the great majority of people have never experienced what CS gives you (killing people, throwing grenades, firing an M4A1, etc).

I don't know how realistic it is to fire an M4A1, which is why I can't judge how 'realistic' CS is.

rgr that

did you realize what you said? is he in LA to receive a lot of money to play a sport that american people consideres boring???

Yeah, I understand that part. MLS is trying to get high status players to boost ticket sales and turn soccer into the next big thing in america, which probably isn't going to work. I kinda thought that was obvious. What's your point?

rgr that

Yeah, I understand that part. MLS is trying to get high status players to boost ticket sales and turn soccer into the next big thing in america, which probably isn't going to work. I kinda thought that was obvious. What's your point?

my point is:

if soccer has been a boring sport to americans, pay a lot of money to someone do it sounds contradictory

my point is:

if soccer has been a boring sport to americans, pay a lot of money to someone do it sounds contradictory

This is the last time I'm saying this brohemian. They are trying to GET MORE Americans to watch/attend soccer games. That's the reasoning for recruiting people like Beckham. Do you understand the words that are coming out of my keyboard?

golf??? tiger woods is very boring

:lol:

Meh, I am tired of talk about Tiger Woods. He is already guaranteed a spot in the Hall of Fame and should retire. I would rather see more people like Sergio Garcia winning majors (since he has none, and should have won the British Open!) than Tiger, who already has 10 of them.