The Sports Thread

These countries are part of the americas, so if that statement is pretty much correct.

You did not say "The Americas". You did, however, say "your shitty little country". Being "part of the Americas" does not mean that the United States, Cuba and Venezuela are one in the same, you dumb shit, so no- your statement is not "pretty much correct". For example: Canada =/= Brazil. How do you not get this?

You made a statement which was incorrect and got put in your place. Just accept it and move on.

Stop being a pedantic moron. I wasn't attempting damage control, i was responding to DAVE'S POST:

"nobody outside of america is interested in baseball"

There. That's what he said. I submitted that the statement was true, and I still do. End of discussion.

Again, let's review:

Oh, and no one outside your shitty country cares about baseball either. Well, except the Japs who are like a crazy version of Americans anyway.

Wrong. Not really a debatable point. To avoid looking completely stupid, you tried to play it off like this:

Not really. I pointed out that it's not a major sport in the overwhelming majority of countries. Just because a few South American countries are into it doesn't falsify this.

This comes out of nowhere, since A.) that isn't what you said and B.) My point was not to prove that it is played in the "overwhelming majority of countries". There are two reasonable explainations for why you would even make this post. One is that you are trying to save face, the other is that you have suffered brain damage.

Now, here is what Dave said in response to this:

LOL you said nobody outside of america is into baseball

And he was correct. Since no one likes to be owned by Dave, you tried this:

These countries are part of the americas, so if that statement is pretty much correct.

Another incorrect statement by you. Sorry, but the Western Hemisphere is not all one country.

Your view that "no one outside of America is interested in baseball" is hilariously wrong, and simply counting the Western Hemisphere as one country doesn't make it any less wrong. You lose.

Sorry, but the Western Hemisphere is not all one country.

Your view that "no one outside of America is interested in baseball" is hilariously wrong, and simply counting the Western Hemisphere as one country doesn't make it any less wrong. You lose.

First, stop quoting my early comments you idiot. I'm not going to say it again -I was responding to Dave who in turn responded to a single quote of mine. If Dave was correct that I said baseball is only popular in america, then I still maintain that's correct.

Secondly, show me where I or anyone else besides you said the Western Hemisphere was one country. america (or "The Americas") = south america, north america but not usually Canada. Wikipedia: "The Americas may alternatively be referred to as America; however, America may be ambiguous as it can refer to either this entire landmass or just the United States of America." Therefore dave's summary of my position (which you accepted) was correct, since no country outside the american continents cares about baseball.

First, stop quoting my early comments you idiot. I'm not going to say it again -I was responding to Dave who in turn responded to a single quote of mine. If Dave was correct that I said baseball is only popular in america, then I still maintain that's correct.

Secondly, show me where I or anyone else besides you said the Western Hemisphere was one country. america (or "The Americas") = south america, north america but not usually Canada. Wikipedia: "The Americas may alternatively be referred to as America; however, America may be ambiguous as it can refer to either this entire landmass or just the United States of America." Therefore dave's summary of my position (which you accepted) was correct, since no country outside the american continents cares about baseball.

It doesn't fucking MATTER if you maintain that your view is correct because it ISN'T. Holy shit, how does this not get through to you? First you fucking said that it's only poular in the United States, and now your view has magically changed to "it's only popular in the Americas" which is still wrong because it's popular in ASIA, you dumb fuck. Jesus, did you forget that even you previously acknowledged the tremendous popularity of baseball in Japan? Holy shit, the Japanese love it more than anyone.

I can "maintain the view" that the sun is made of delicious chocolate ice cream all I want. It's still fucking retarded.

You have a real serious problem, dude.

PS- Way to cite wikipedia as a source, dickhead. I once edited the wiki article on Manny Ramirez to include that he "is a disgusting slob" and it stayed that way for quite a while.

It doesn't fucking MATTER if you maintain that your view is correct because it ISN'T. Holy shit, how does this not get through to you? First you fucking said that it's only poular in the United States, and now your view has magically changed to "it's only popular in the Americas" which is still wrong because it's popular in ASIA, you dumb fuck. Jesus, did you forget that even you previously acknowledged the tremendous popularity of baseball in Japan? Holy shit, the Japanese love it more than anyone.

I can "maintain the view" that the sun is made of delicious chocolate ice cream all I want. It's still fucking retarded.

You have a real serious problem, dude.

PS- Way to cite wikipedia as a source, dickhead. I once edited the wiki article on Manny Ramirez to include that he "is a disgusting slob" and it stayed that way for quite a while.

WTF? Of course the fact I "maintain" something is true doesn't matter, it is just a statement of my position. I explained why that position is correct. And the fact that I used Wikipedia does not automatically invalidate anything sourced from there. You need to attack the content of the argument, not its source.

In my 1st post did I not say "EXCEPT the Japs"? So if Dave was right, which you yourself affirmed, the argument is "baseball is popular only in america excepting Japan". <--- Hibernal_dream says this is correct (For your convenience I will omit the "I maintain this is correct" part since you don't seem to understand what it means.)

Jesus Christ, you are a giant retard.

WTF? Of course the fact I "maintain" something is true doesn't matter, it is just a statement of my position. I explained why that position is correct.

In my 1st post did I not say "EXCEPT the Japs"? So if Dave was right, which you yourself affirmed, the argument is "baseball is popular only in america excepting Japan". <--- Hibernal_dream says this is correct

You can't explain why something is correct when it is not. How do you not get this? It's fucking amazing that your origional post has been shot to hell and yet you are still trying to defend it.

Read my first response to you again. I covered it all in there.

Fuck it, I'm writing a play to make sense of this whole shit storm.

Okay, just try to escape by avoiding my entire post.

I just explained what my argument was and why it is correct - either defend yourself or GTFO of the thread and admit i'm right.

Oh hey I just finished my play. Since you still don't get why you're wrong and therefore an idiot, please read it.

Hibernal Dream: Hey, everybody! You know, since I want to start shit, I'm going to go ahead and say something obnoxious for no reason. Now, don't try and stop me- I don't even know the first thing about what I'm going to insult! Ok, here it goes: Baseball is only played in the United States, which is a shitty country...Oh, they like it in Japan, too.

TIACN: Actually, no... You couldn't by anymore wrong. The sport is actually hugley popular all in East Asia, the Caribbean, Central America and South America. There was also a "world cup" style event that included teams from Europe, Africa and Australia.

Hibernal Dream: Haha, I didn't say that only Americans like it! Ignoring that fact that he actually did say that What I said was that in the overwhelming majority of countries in this world, it isn't popular! Uh... yeah! Yeah, that's what I said! Don't look back at my origional post, now... You'll just have to take my word for it.

Dave: Well, actually, you DID say that only Americans- by which you meant people from the United States- care about baseball.

Hibernal Dream: Wh-wh-whaaaaat? Oh- uh... Well, when I said "country", what I really meant was a whole bunch of them! I meant The America's- which consists of two continents, but hey- for my purposes, I just though I'd refer to is as one shitty country... Surley you knew that's what I meant... since I've been saying that all along. No, no- no need to bring up what I actually said! I was talking crazy back then! What I really mean to say is that the sport in question is ONLY popular in the Americas! Dave has proven me right! Yup, that is exactly what I have been saying this whole time Again ignoring that fact that, no, that isn't what he's been saying.

TIACN: Well, Dave there was accurate in his summary of your incorrect statement. I don't know why you're trying to use it as proof of your point, but... hey, whatever. Anyway, even if you had been saying that it's only popular in The America's, you would still be incorrect since it's played in Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and China as well.

Hibernal Dream: THAT'S WHAT I SAID! I said that it's only played in The America's and hey JAPAN doesn't count ok because it did it would mean I am wrong!

TIACN: Well... you are wrong. The fact that you have to keep altering your statement should be kind of a red flag that, hey, maybe you are talking out of your ass. Oh, and by the way "Japan" is not a blanket term for "Asia", which you seem to think it is.

Hibernal Dream: Kills self with gun

Jessica Alba: Hello TIACN please allow me to fellate you.

TIACN: Awwww yeah.

You did not say "The Americas". You did, however, say "your shitty little country". Being "part of the Americas" does not mean that the United States, Cuba and Venezuela are one in the same, you dumb shit, so no- your statement is not "pretty much correct". For example: Canada =/= Brazil. How do you not get this?

You made a statement which was incorrect and got put in your place. Just accept it and move on.

no doubt :lol:

:lol:

The funny thing is you are looking back to my first post, when i'm actually revising my opinion and CONCEDING points to you - I don't deny this. Why you are doing this I don't know. What do you have to prove?

I have a feeling that if I said "ok i changed my opinion, baseball is actually a really cool sport" you'd be saying oooh no you can't say that because that's not what you said in your FIRST POST!