The stage costumes - all about it here!

mine were quite easy, all you need to do is cut the fur so it goes around your boot, making sure the seam is vertical. then using scissors punch holes along both sides, then use string to tie the fur up around the boots like you would a corset. saves all the sewing and means that you can take them off and put them back on which you might not be able to do if you sew it

They're having a giraffe. It would be hygenically impossible to use real blood. Where would they get it from and what would they use to stop it from going off?

They've probably used theatrical blood or just a transluscent red makeup

Although speaking as someone who spends their Sunday afternoons making the stuff in her kitchen, it's easy as pie to do yourself with kitchen contents (and then some) according to what you're using it for. Splatters, flooding and spraying blood have to be almost water, Blood that's "been there for a while" has to be a lot thicker, usually with a gelling agent like geletine, or a thickener like (surprisingly) cornflour. If it's for a wound it has to be sticky in order to stay put, and if it's going near the face/in the mouth it has to be non-toxic and probably taste nice. This is just Golden Syrup with a few bottles of red food colouring in and a tiny bit of green. Then you have to get the colour right, oxygenated blood is bright red, whereas de-oxygenated blood is more of a purply red. Blackberry compot is excellent for scummy puking blood...

errrahem, I've gone off on a tangent. No, they do not use real blood. Don't believe everything Kerrang tells yoooooooou...!

That too! Although I think the bands are usually to blame, to make an effort to sound more interesting...

"I HAVE SCHYZOPHRENIA IT AFFECTS THE WAY I WRITE MY MUSIC"

"....no chicken, you left your CD player on."

It's all a sham, I'm only doing special effects so I have an excuse to make fake blood and bodyparts out of marzipan :p

Small world...as it turns out, Warlord and I may have the same furry boots. I knew something look familiar in that photo...

warlord1rl6.gif

a2f21vy1.jpg

Note the height above the ground the sole stops and the fur begins. Also, the lace is annoying and I cut part of it off, wardrobe must have cut them off completely as they are prone to coming untied.

If this is the case, the inside tag says 'Shaggy 2' and 'all man made', and the sole should read 'No Boundaries' in case anyone can check.

What he doesn't know is that the Queen is actually The Terminator.

With a few folds of a ten pound note and a five pound note, the truth becomes so clear...

vo2x6w.jpg