The Still Life dropouts

I'll never get how any of Opeth's albums can be considered to have "bad production". I guess some have rougher or less polished production thatn others (MAYH comes to mind), but geez, ever listen to 90% of death and black metal? I'm not trying to sound like a tr00 kvlt elitist, but I just find it ridiculous to find anything more than petty faults with Opeth's production. On every album so far, all the instruments can be heard clearly (though MAYH has a slightly more muffled sound, but I feel it adds to the brooding atmosphere, I don't think it was intended to have the intricate harmonies of the preceeding two albums.)

I'm not criticizing the production, just these (now really noticeable) flaws on the record. It really takes away from the listening experience when you're loving the Moonlapse Vertigo solo and at 5:52 one of the rhythm tracks on the right side drops out. It's like 'got anticlimax?'.

Yeah, how the hell do you dance to an Opeth album, much less MAYH, Oinkness?

Anyway, the dropouts on Still Life annoy the hell out of me. It really made me not want to listen to that album for a while, after I first noticed them, especially The Moor. They should have fixed those errors when they rereleased it as a digipak. I can even hear them on my cheap stereo, and that's bad enough, but through headphones it's just awful. It kind of pulls you out of the 'mood' of the album, like when you're reading and getting really into the story and then, out of nowhere, there's some really awkward sentence.

Opeth has to have bad production somewhere...otherwise they are not tr00 and n3cr0 enough.

Seriously. I hope they do release a 5.1 SL mix.

Also, if RR does get rights to older albums, I believe that would have it's ups and downs. Afterall, when/if Opeth leaves RR, they probably will not be able take the rights with them.