The Studio scene in Amsterdam

Uhm...city?
Yeah, that are EXACTLY my words if a drunk foreign guy starts drooling about "amsterdam country" whenever i mention the word netherlands.
God, you can't imagine the stupidness of foreign people.

"Amsterdam? Thats a great country, i've been there ... yeah that was loads of fun".
"Look here on this map, this is amsterdam (pointing at the Netherlands) and that small country is the Netherlands (pointing at Belgium)."

Now lets get serious: Amsterdam is a great city, but its so expensive. Getting a decent studio space in the centre of amsterdam would be nearly impossible. A place near Amsterdam would be smarter (just like Funky Animal said), the public transportation in Amsterdam is really great so reaching your studio wouldn't be a problem.

@Headcrusher: That would be 500 euro per month for one single room of 8 square meters (student room's).

@barryenright2320: Maastricht is a cool place, with very good possibilities to travel to Germany and Belgium but it's totally different from Amsterdam.
If you walk in the streets of Amsterdam and someone asks you something, they ask it in English. If you walk in Maastricht, you have a very good chance that people ask something in German.

split second sound studios(based in amsterdam) did a very good job on the latest severe torture album,but nothing interesting except excess studios in rotterdam.you can find much better studios in the UK or germany

Thats why its good to speak german ;) well broken german but its getting there. From my experience the people there are crazy with languages being on the border with france germany and belgium they tend to learn a bit of french and german, there usually fluent in english cause its world language and of course they have there own language too. Its nuts!