The Tabs-thread

I'll sure do! It's going pretty well =)
It'll probably be finished at the end of the week. I'll upload it on Ultimate-guitar and give you guys the link!
After playing the first 10 minutes on guitar over and over it seems I will be able to play it anyway :D This song will be so fun to video cover.

DONE!

Guitar Tabbed for The Great Escape
Damn, I'm tired...

http://www.mediafire.com/?e2j1ez2as9v82jo

Here's the download link for you guys! Hope you'll enjoy it and that it's tabbed well enough :)
It was tough, but fun! It's real fun to play. I now know 23 minutes of the song. Only 7 to learn and memorize =D
Thou, those are some real tough 7 ones...

// GLDF

That is fucking incredible, nice work dude.
I wish there was someone that dedicated to do the keys and such :rofl:

GLDF, superb work!
Just looked through the tab and its really amazing, time to get my guitar... ;)

Thank you! :) Hope it will be of big use!

I just finished learning the song myself :D
I'll video cover it next week, will be fun!

Btw, change the first chord on #841 to a regular C power chord.
And the second chord in #522 to a regular D power chord..

I just popped home from work for a quick play through, epic. Can't wait to get it all down. I still can't believe you got it all so fast, how do you go about transcribing a song? I can't even get to the verse in Wiseman :lol:

I find tabbing songs to be real fun, so I would have kept tabbing The Great Escape even if the song would have been to hard to play for me.
Perhaps I'll tab some of the other ones too :)

Hi again, everybody! I've updated some of my errors in The Great Escape Guitar Pro file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e2j1ez2as9v82jo

Here's the link to the updated one (Edited the first post with the link as well)

Some chords were wrong and I think the acoustic part in the middle of the song is played more like these tabs, you choose :)
Some details in the outro aswell, no big deals, but I think you want a more correct version anyway, so here you have it!

I use "Amazing Slow Downer", which has been the best tool when I tab songs. It helps a lot when it comes down to tab solos and fast riffs. It slows down the song keeping a great quality. Without ASD, I would never have found the guitar riff during the "From pledges and bonds" chorus etc.
So I simply sit with ASD and my guitar, finding the notes I hear on guitar and tab them the way I would play it. It's tough sometimes, to find the correct chords or some hidden notes in the middle of chaos. Sometimes you really have to: PLAY, PAUSE, MARK THE TIME, TAB DOWN, START FROM THERE when it comes to the fast stuff =)

But Amazing Slow Downer is a golden tool to tab songs, at least for me :) Also you can pitch the song in the program as well, so since my guitar doesn't like to get downtuned, I wrote and tabbed the song in standard and then just tuned in down ½ step on Guitar Pro. That's about how I do :)

Other than that, I tab on Guitar Pro pretty quickly since I use GP to write down the songs of my own band, so.

I use Transcribe!, but it still takes forever! Also, with bands like SW and Symphony X, keyboard and drum parts can overwhelm the bass and guitar parts, making them difficult to tab accurately. But you did a hell of a job on TGE, man! Congrats!